Why is Obama coming to PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:58:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why is Obama coming to PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Obama coming to PA  (Read 12280 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: October 12, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

Could be he's hoping to generate some coattails.  There are a few House races in the Philly area that he could have an effect on.

Those seats are basically decided. The Dems don't have to worry about the 7th, 8th or 13th (and the 1st and 2nd are obviously two of the safest Dem seats in the nation). The only GOP seat in the area is PA 6 and the Dems are not getting it with their current candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

From my Philly peeps, I have heard Obama's been running advertising in Philly all day and night.  About 10-1 the McCain ads.

Yes, he's blasting them, probably more than McCain.  I wouldn't say 10 to 1.

Well, what would you say?  I only know what I do through my two friends who live in the area (who happen to both be Republicans, oddly enough).

Maybe 3-5 to 1.  Ten to one would be me not remembering a McCain commercial.

Agreed
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »

but I won't after that warning I got from Dave.

Thank God.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »

7 AM on November 4th
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:38:08 PM »

My guess is that, in both cases their internals showed weakness.  My guess is that Obama's internals showed weakness in PA.  Right now, McCain's polling in IN is lower than Obama's in PA.

Does McCain have a Trojan Horse here?  Maybe....

I know Phil will have an orgasm when I say this, BUT I found an article on the 20 Wards in Philly that are white dominated and both the Dems are very concerned and the GOP still thinks they have a chance in about 10 of them.  And I thought losing the 55th, 64th, and 66th Wards would be bad.  The Ward leader in South Philly's 39th said in the article it went 71% for Kerry and he'd be happy with a break even.  WOW!  I hate to say it, but Phil's observations may very well prove accurate come November 4th.  I even heard some of the historically Democratic and blue collar River Wards are also a problem for Obama as well.  I thought maybe there'd be some problems in isolated parts of Mayfair, Fox Chase, Parkwood, and South Philly, but damn, it looks bad for us inside city limits although I heard the other parts of the city have made up for it and the suburbs might give us a wider margin before we go out into the "T".

Talk about a major demographic shift in only 4 years within one state.  Look at the polls.     

Thank you!

And the 39th is one of those areas in South Philly I was specifically talking about before. Two of my Grandparents live down there and my Grandmother was telling me how shocked she was to see such a strong presence for a Republican Presidential candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies