HOUSE RESOLUTION: Judiciary Term Limit Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:11:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE RESOLUTION: Judiciary Term Limit Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE RESOLUTION: Judiciary Term Limit Amendment (Failed)  (Read 868 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »

This is an example of what I like to call a "Rosecrans Bill" (the historians here will get it): it seeks to correct a problem that doesn't exist and, in doing so, creates a host of errors that cause endless trouble for all. As the president emeritus correctly states, there already exists a process by which inactive and irresponsible jurists may be removed from office; there is, furthermore, no reason to believe that the life term poses a serious inhibition to the court as an institution, or to the federal government at-large. What this bill would do is reduce the (already quite small) pool of potential justices even further. As someone who has had to nominate candidates for the court in the past, I can testify to the difficulty of finding someone both willing and qualified to take the job. The last thing we ought to be doing is barring someone like TJ or Windjammer from judicial office for life because Congress decided to fix an imaginary gap in the line.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »

Blair and Truman, the new Napoleon and Opebo. Tongue The historians here will get the reference. Smiley
Which am I, the womanizer or the sockmaster? Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies