Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:12:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Drudge finally release the Whitey Tape tonight?!?  (Read 9210 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: October 02, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »

Well Team Romney leaked the Obama 1998 "redistribution" tape in the wake of 47%. That was presumably their best shot as the 47% thing was so damaging they needed their best counterpunch. So this new thing is likely less damaging as that...and that didn't appear to be very damaging. Probably just something Obama said in 2006 that will rile up angry white men who already support Romney but will help keep them engaged and enraged.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »

For a racial thing to really hurt Obama it would have to be something that hurts him with blacks and hispanics. He is already losing whites, especially white men. So if they found a tape of him saying he cant stand all those damn Mexicans...then it would truly be over.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

So i'm guessing here that Obama gave a fiery speech at Rev. Wright's church where he talked about social justice, and where if you are a racist all you will see is an angry black man who wants to take your money and give it to poor black folks.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »

I watched the tape. It is actually from 2007 and Obama was talking to black ministers at a black college.  His main point is that things like the LA Riots and Katrina had roots in poverty and that we shouldn't be wasting money on a war in Iraq. He actually says that Bush Katrina response was not about race, just "colorblind incompetence".

Here is the bit they will try and grab, here is the most racist thing he said, removing context.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He never mentions white people or Whities or honkies. But perhaps people will twist this to how he is going to start demanding reparations or something.

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »

I found a transcript of his speech, which has been on the internet for five years

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Remarks_of_Senator_Barack_Obama_to_the_Hampton_University_Annual_Ministers'_Conference

although it appears Obama didn't stick to the script exactly
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »

Are there any white voters left who can be scared that the Black president's sole mission is to take their money and hand it out to his minority worshipers? Haven't they mined this vein already with all the other outrages and videos and commercials about welfare, etc?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 06:25:39 PM »

I'm confused, what is the problem with the accent? Is the argument that the 'real' Obama is an Ebonics speaking angry black man and he needs a teleprompter in order to seem like the nice articulate guy? Or is the outrage that is he putting on a persona when speaking to black audiences in order to dupe the blacks into voting for him?

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

I tuned into Hannity and all I heard was black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, Jeramiah Wright, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, Obama, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black, black

The general issue they seem to have is that back in 2007 when Obama was running in the Democratic primary he gave a speech to black audience while being black himself
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies