HB 29-15: Bir Tawil Research Base Establishment Act (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:43:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 29-15: Bir Tawil Research Base Establishment Act (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 29-15: Bir Tawil Research Base Establishment Act (Final vote)  (Read 1411 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: March 31, 2021, 12:16:52 AM »

This bill seems excessive. If there are no settlements there and no obvious reason to grant statehood, why are we doing this?

Why not admit an uninhabited patch of public land in the Virgin Islands as a state too, while we're at it? Or a nine-foot-square section of runway on a random aircraft carrier in the Pacific? They have as much claim to that right, if not better in the case of the aircraft carrier.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:02:30 AM »

I have no intrinsic objections to research bases, but is Bir Tawil – smack in the middle of a politically unstable region – the best place for such a base?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 01:10:00 AM »

I am at least glad that we are no longer discussing statehood for an uninhabited patch of land, and that if it is to be used for anything, a research base seems like the best course of action. Though I remain unconvinced that now is the best time to pursue it.

No objections to a final vote.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:58:33 AM »

This looks likely to pass anyway. Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies