Strom Thurmond asked FBI to investigate MLK. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 11:46:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Strom Thurmond asked FBI to investigate MLK. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strom Thurmond asked FBI to investigate MLK.  (Read 8797 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 06, 2005, 08:19:14 AM »

Do you think Hoover had anything on Storms daughter?   One article I read pretty much said no one knew but Storm and his daughter (not sure if the mother lived long or not, cannot remember.)

Somebody could have but two and two together.  Here is an exerpt from an interview with CBS:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/17/60II/main589107.shtml

Essie Mae Williams:
During the time, I was in my sophomore year at South Carolina State. And at this time, he was the governor. And he would go around to the various colleges. When he came to South Carolina State, he asked the president how was I doing. And he sent for me. I was in my dorm at the time. A young lady came over and said, "The governor would like to see you in the president's office."

And I was surprised, because I didn't know he was coming. But I went over there, and we were there I guess for 30, 40 minutes, talking about various things. He wanted to know how I was doing in school and so forth. And that was the first visit I had at the college with him.

Dan Rather:
How did he get to the college?
Essie Mae Williams:
I think he was chauffer-driven if I'm not mistaken. (UNINTEL PHRASE). I didn't see the chauffer, but that was my understanding.

Dan Rather:
But he was governor.

Essie Mae Williams:
He was governor at the time.

When you add that there was a strong resemblence between the two, that there were rumors, and there was a long relationship between the two and that Hoover wasn't exactly a bad investigator, it seems likely.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:23:16 PM »

Should we abolish President's Day then, because Washington and Jefferson were slave owners?

good point on Wallace.

I think out of the first 15 Presidents only 2 weren't slave owners. John Adams and his son John Quincy Adams.

Washington owned no slaves.

Actually, he did own them, because he inherited them from his brother.  By the time of his presidency, however, they were not economically viable.  Washington did do his best to provide for them and not break up the families, which he regarded as a moral obligation to the slaves.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies