College Football 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:52:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Football 2016  (Read 9507 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: September 09, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »

PPP included an FBS question in its Florida poll. Here are the responses (numbers from March in parenthesis):

UF: 24 (29)
FSU: 24 (19)
UCF: 11 (12)
Miami: 10 (10)
USF: 7 (5)
The Credit Unions: 4 each (3 FIU, 1 FAU)

I'm always surprised to see UCF above Miami; people I know who went to UCF have led me to believe that most UCF fans only consider themselves fair weather fans and mostly root for UF or a bandwagon team. That there are enough people consistently telling pollsters something to the contrary in what is expected to be a terrible year for the team says to me that there is real potential for a support base if the Big 12 decided to add UCF.

Well, Miami doesn't have fans.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »

I'll try to chime in the discussion here as well.  If there is one thing I follow more closely than politics, it's college football! (I'm a total SEC homer)

Rooting for a conference is disgusting.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »

A caller on the Finebaum Show presented an interesting scenario this afternoon- Alabama and Tennessee playing three times this season.  If they are both 12-1 after splitting their two meetings (regular season and SEC Championship), the Committee would at least give a good look at putting both in.  It's been my dream since the CFP started to get multiple SEC teams into the playoff.

lol this is not happening, Alabama is the best team in the country and Tennessee is trash, gtfo with that
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »

A caller on the Finebaum Show presented an interesting scenario this afternoon- Alabama and Tennessee playing three times this season.  If they are both 12-1 after splitting their two meetings (regular season and SEC Championship), the Committee would at least give a good look at putting both in.  It's been my dream since the CFP started to get multiple SEC teams into the playoff.

lol this is not happening, Alabama is the best team in the country and Tennessee is trash, gtfo with that

I'm not a UT fan apart from rooting for them when they're playing a non-SEC opponent.  I would actually root for Alabama in that hypothetical game.

I'm glad that that doesn't stop you from propagating ludicrous theories that you heard from Finebaum callers (lol). I'm sure Phyllis from Mulga really believes in the Vols!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »

Mark Helfrich doesn't know what he's doing, just that Chip Kelly did it. Now that Marcus Mariota is gone, Helfrich is like Hua Guofeng to Kelly's Mao Zedong, blindly following the Two Whatevers.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 06:20:45 AM »

If A&M beats Bama tomorrow, I like our chances to get two teams in the College Football Playoff.

lol stop rooting for a conference if you want anyone to take your "analysis" seriously.

The SEC West, in my opinion, has six of the top 15-20 teams in the country.

lmao no

It's not their fault that some of them will have five losses, because someone has to lose their games against each other!

turn off Finebaum
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies