College Football 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:53:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  College Football 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Football 2016  (Read 9508 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 04, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
« edited: September 04, 2016, 07:55:54 PM by Wolverine22 »

I'd said to much skepticism that Michigan State's little good streak is over this year, as half their starting lineup on both sides of the ball have graduated. Friday night's scare for the Sparties against Furman had a few friends of mine calling me just to say, "You were right!" Now they have a bye week next week, but after that they travel to South Bend and I think they're going to get absolutely murdered by Notre Dame.

As for my Wolverines, the quarterback controversy continues. I think Speight will be all right as the season goes on. He has two weeks of practice and a glorified scrimmage against Central Florida to improve, and just like Rudock last year, I think he'll continually improve.

While I appreciate the compliment from Hawaii's head coach, Nick Rolovich, who said "If I were a Michigan fan, I'd be excited right now," I still maintain that we didn't really learn much about the talent of the team, except that our defense is probably just as good or better than it was last season. Until Harbaugh pulled the starters in the second quarter, Hawaii had more points than yards and was still going backwards, at one point having a total offensive output of -27 yards. The 63-3 bludgeoning was fun to watch, and there's nowhere I'd rather be on a Saturday than Michigan Stadium.

Looking forward to UCF, their defense is better than Hawaii's, that's for sure, however their offensive line needs a lot of work. Just in the first half of their 38-0 win over South Carolina State, they gave up 3 or 4 sacks, I can't remember which. While SC State did get shut out, they were able to throw on UCF, and it seemed like the secondary was their Achilles Heel. The Knights are sporting a true freshman defensive end who's over 400 pounds. Based on how awful they played in what I saw of their game yesterday and the general fact that they're Central Florida, Michigan should roll, but probably won't end up scoring 63 points again. We'll find out soon enough.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:56:30 PM »

John O'Neill and his crew are the worst referees in the Big Ten Conference. That is all.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »

What is this crap with Central Michigan? I guess they shouldn't have had a last play to win? Damn.  :-o

From the rulebook,

The period is not extended if the foul is by the team in possession and the statement of the penalty includes loss of down (A.R. 3-2-3-VIII).
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:32:37 PM »

It was very classy that at every game in the B1G today they used a coin honoring those two punters. However I still say after the targeting fiasco and how awful the playoff system has been, it's high time to abolish the NCAA and turn college football into a farm team system for the NFL, the same way that minor league baseball and junior/minor league hockey work.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 06:45:49 PM by Wolverine22 »

On the banks of the Red Cedar
There's a school that's known to all
Its specialty is drinking
And those Spartans play Beer Pong

Drinking teams are never beaten
They drink through the days and nights
Till they vomit their favorite colors,
Green and white

Green and white, what a sh**ty sight
Time to play the Spartans!
What a poor excuse for football
Another easy win
Chug! Chug! Chug!

Taste the tear gas
Go to jail
Every game's the same!
F***! You! M-S-U!
Burn another couch or two!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:33:50 PM »

Go Army, beat Navy!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 06:01:33 PM »

Shame on CBS for having Hitler that piece of trash in the booth to start the second half.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »

I obviously like Navy best, but this is the only year I cheered for Army for my grandfather, so it's great to see that result.

Made up for all the FCS blowouts...not sure how much NDSU improved their odds because EWU and Madison look more formidable than anyone ever before.

D2 favorites showed some vulnerability today, so I am prepared for quite the championship game - perhaps the most hyped in several years.

North Dakota State/James Madison is going to be a fun game to watch, especially considering what JMU did to Sam Houston State last night.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 11:08:46 AM »

So trump bashed army/navy football for not being the best football? Great move donny you a**.

While I am partial towards Jabrill Peppers, I am not going to argue that he totally should have won the Heisman over Jackson, but I don't think Jackson was that great of a Heisman winner. Nobody was truly dominant this year.

I guess I think that you could say Jackson was the best player this year, but I think what Jabrill did was more impressive in terms of who is the "most outstanding player".

Well said.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies