Maine: Favorable ratings for Governor, Senator, President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maine: Favorable ratings for Governor, Senator, President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maine: Favorable ratings for Governor, Senator, President  (Read 2902 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 01, 2005, 03:19:17 PM »

SUSA released a poll saying that his ratings were very favorable, didn't they?

Nope - he had a higher unfavuorable than favourable rating there, too. That took a lot of people by surprise, I suppose, considering that Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball called him "popular" recently.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 03:30:01 PM »

His SUSA disapproval was 55%-37%.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50governorsrated051005.htm
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 03:32:42 PM »

No problem. And if you have trouble finding it in the future, it's the first Google result for "50 governors" (with or without the quotes). Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 06:07:14 PM »

No problem. And if you have trouble finding it in the future, it's the first Google result for "50 governors" (with or without the quotes). Smiley

Wow, surprised it's that popular.  They must have been screwing with the Google algorhythm.

I thought so at first, too. However, if you look at the entire first page, every single site is linking to the page. Apparently enough major sites and blogs linked to it to get it up there. Very weird.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 08:15:06 PM »

The results of this poll were terrible for the states. Only tiny states had popular governors. Almost all the big states had very unpopular governors.

Why does that mean they were terrible? Controversy is less likely for small-state Governors, I suppose.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 08:52:03 PM »

The results of this poll were terrible for the states. Only tiny states had popular governors. Almost all the big states had very unpopular governors.

Why does that mean they were terrible? Controversy is less likely for small-state Governors, I suppose.

It means most people are unhappy with their governors.

Ohh! I thought you meant the survey was wrong. Sorry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies