Prodi hands in resignation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:09:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Prodi hands in resignation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Prodi hands in resignation  (Read 6413 times)
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: February 22, 2007, 12:21:29 PM »

I can hear the chants for Berlusconi now, he is the greatest politician in the world
Now I have one more reason to make fun of you.Absolutely RIDICOLOUS.
Anyway,I have read SO MUCH BULLsh**t,is just amazing.First of all,Berlusconi didn't last the whole 5 years,he resigned as well after being raped in 2005's regional elections.He then got to rule for another year with a couple of changes in terms of ministers. That's probably what's gonna happen now. Prodi is still gonna be the Prime Minister,and the only changes should be that those 2 communist idiots that yesterday voted against the gov't are going to resign, and maybe we'll get a couple of dissidents from the center-right in the Senate.That's it.
Oh,of course Berlusconi is now leading in the polls...how the hell could he not be leading the day Prodi resigns?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

What about 4 years and 2 months?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »

I'm going to guess six months.  Tongue  I have no real reason for thinking six months but I'm hoping that it is a lucky guess.  Wink
Even in that not-too-probable case,Berlusconi wouldn't be sure at all of winning,as UDC would probably run independently...
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 06:58:44 PM »

I'm going to guess six months.  Tongue  I have no real reason for thinking six months but I'm hoping that it is a lucky guess.  Wink
Even in that not-too-probable case,Berlusconi wouldn't be sure at all of winning,as UDC would probably run independently...
He didn't say new elections in six months.
In case the government falls again and a new electoral law has been approved,there would be new elections.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »

He's likely to survive (as of now he has 158 supporters to the opposition's 156) - http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070225/wl_nm/italy_dc

But let's hope for an upset.  Wink

Unless the Communist parties abstain he wont lose.

I figured that much. They're worried that defections, leading to new elections, could mean Berlusconi is back so it's not worth it for them to abandon Prodi.

What are the chances, though, that some of the Christian Dems that make up Prodi's coalition abstain?
Absolutely none.The only problem,right now,is one communist senator,one of those 2 who didn't vote last Wednesday though causing all of this mess.
And,for the poll,I think it's normal for the CdL to lead right now...Prodi had to resign,something which is not exactly well-seen by electors...and,anyway,that margin is smaller than that of the Unione before last April's elections.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »

and,anyway,that margin is smaller than that of the Unione before last April's elections.

L'Unione had pretty much the exact same margin (except they were up four obviously) going into the elections.
Unione was leading 52-47 in every single poll before the elections.Then,with Berlusconi's "miracle" (or attempted steal) we only won by 20,000 votes in the lower house.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 11:42:26 AM »

and,anyway,that margin is smaller than that of the Unione before last April's elections.

L'Unione had pretty much the exact same margin (except they were up four obviously) going into the elections.
Unione was leading 52-47 in every single poll before the elections.Then,with Berlusconi's "miracle" (or attempted steal) we only won by 20,000 votes in the lower house.

It wasn't literally every single poll but 52-47 is basically the same as being ahead 51-47.

There likely won't be new elections for quite awhile, so I wouldn't put too much stock into current polls.

Prodi will almost certainly win the confidence vote and remain PM after all, and even when he goes his replacement will likely be someone else from L'Unione.

If he somehow loses Wednesday, aren't new elections guarenteed to take place?
He lead by 5 points or more in EVERY poll before the elections...except Berlusconi's,of course.
And he is DEFINITELY going to win,right now 163 senators support him,and he only needs 158.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »

Let them dream.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies