Libertarian Town Hall watch thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:44:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Libertarian Town Hall watch thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Libertarian Town Hall watch thread  (Read 1740 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: June 22, 2016, 09:25:21 PM »

I didn't get to see the very end but I was pretty disappointed. As has been in the past, Johnson sounds super unprepared, nervous, and awkward in his answering. To me, they were also underwhelming in their enthusiasm, there's so much more they could've said about being libertarian and why its an attractive ideology that can sell.

I will say I see why libertarians were skeptical of the ticket, it seems like they're really moderate and trying to please everybody, even though I basically know their positions they weren't very specific and they came across as passive in some areas. Weld is actually a better speaker than Johnson but he's barely even a libertarian (and it showed in some of his answers). That heroin mom though was getting on my nerves... I know she suffered a loss cognitive ability in her son, but she was going on and on and being quite rude and annoying. But of course Johnson bombed that question...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:30:05 PM »

I didn't get to see the very end but I was pretty disappointed. As has been in the past, Johnson sounds super unprepared, nervous, and awkward in his answering. To me, they were also underwhelming in their enthusiasm, there's so much more they could've said about being libertarian and why its an attractive ideology that can sell.

I will say I see why libertarians were skeptical of the ticket, it seems like they're really moderate and trying to please everybody, even though I basically know their positions they weren't very specific and they came across as passive in some areas. Weld is actually a better speaker than Johnson but he's barely even a libertarian (and it showed in some of his answers). That heroin mom though was getting on my nerves... I know she suffered a loss cognitive ability in her son, but she was going on and on and being quite rude and annoying. But of course Johnson bombed that question...

He was GOD AWFUL in answering that question.

His solution wasn't bad either it was just the WAY he answered it made him look ridiculous.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:20:59 PM »

I don't think its any secret that they're trying to get disaffected Bernie voters.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 03:00:54 AM »

I just finished watching a recording of this and it was awful. Johnson talked about abolishing the IRS and then Weld later said that they don't necessarily have to abolish the IRS a couple of minutes later. They looked like an ill-prepared business school case comp team that steps over each other and "half-corrects" each others' statements.

Yep, Weld continues to be a complete disappointment, there were so many red flags about this before the convention but that was sacrificed all for media attention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies