Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:47:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 388615 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:48 PM »

I hate to break in like this, but I'm doing so investigative journalism for The Independent and could use you guys' help.  Does anyone know who the "longest serving citizen of the Northeast" is?  Said service can alternate between offices (assuming they are all based in the Northeast- this includes Regional Senator) but must be in an unbroken chain, so to speak.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Fear not!  A story from the SoIA's Office is a'comin'!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:35:41 PM »

If the native tribes that originally lived on them have been wiped out, what would happen to the land?  How would claims by multiple tribes be settled.

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »

Make sure to talk aabout unionized park workers and the fact that's we are leasing these lands to natural gas companies under contract.
Noted.  Now, where can I find the entire text of the bill?  I can't find it on the wiki.

It never properly passed.
I'm sure the text must be somewhere.  Can you link me to it or copy/paste it into this thread?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »

It never properly passed.
I'm sure the text must be somewhere.  Can you link me to it or copy/paste it into this thread?

Why would you writeabout a law that isn't in effect and never will be?
I need to know what it entails to write an article about this entire situation.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

There is no situation, just a court case. Tongue
Do you really have to be this difficult?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »

There is no situation, just a court case. Tongue
Do you really have to be this difficult?

Of course, I don't think you should write an article until cinyc makes a ruling. Can't you pick on a lesser region in the meantime? Tongue
I looked through the thread and apparently wormy quoted the entire bill in its one-sentence glory two pages back.  Wonderful.  And no, I would like to set up the consequences of this bill hypothetically passing and maybe introduce the voices of Native Americans, park rangers, and others who would be affected by the bill.  As a backdrop to the court case.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

Is that in the Northeast Constitution?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »

I believe it is. If anyone wants to challenge this view, Sue me. I have no tolerance for immature trolling.
It's not a matter of belief.  If it's in there you can quote it.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »

If it is in there, sue me. Otherwise go away, troll.
I am your Game Moderator.  You may not like me but you will damn well have to get used to me.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »

I am your Game Moderator.  You may not like me but you will damn well have to get used to me.

I wasn't even talking to you. Obviously you can't sue me.

Excuse me, I quoted the wrong post from you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't want to get involved with this little spat but it seems someone needs to step in.  If you want Giovanni out that badly, pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the Northeast.  Don't resort to petty attacks.  The Northeast has more important issues to deal with.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »

I wasn't even talking to you. Obviously you can't sue me.
r

Excuse me, I quoted the wrong post from you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't want to get involved with this little spat but it seems someone needs to step in.  If you want Giovanni out that badly, pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the Northeast.  Don't resort to petty attacks.  The Northeast has more important issues to deal with.

I don't need him out, he isn't in.
And now we are back at square one.  Please sue Giovanni, or Giovanni, please sue Napoleon.  Put this out in court.  Let's see who can defend their position.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »

I don't agree with your interpretation off the Constitution. There is no record of out of region assemblymen prior to this and I am certain the Constitution is in agreement with my view that Giovanni is not eligible to serve in this body. We have a legal avenue established to determine whether Giovanni is eligible, he can sue if he wishes.
Why would Giovanni need to sue?  He has been elected, the results are certified.  To boot him out, you will need to sue him (IMO, you will lose your suit), pass a law requiring northeast officeholders to reside in the northeast, or vote him out at the next election.  You have done none of these things; instead you have whined, complained, and called people names.  If I were a northeast citizen I would as of now not consider voting you into the Senate.

This isn't an attack on you.  I'm trying to spur you into action.  Do something; win those votes if you must think of it that way.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »

I am doing something about it and what I believe the right now thing to do is not defy the Constitution and allow Giovanni a voice in this Assembly when he beyond any doubt in my mind is ineligible. Why would I just assume he is an Assemblyman? That is backwards. This is not a vote first, ask questions later legislature. No one has built a convincing argument as to why the other way is morally or practically superior. Being political expedient is the easy way out, but I will not allow injustice against my constituents.
Giovanni is elected, as you can see from the certification.  We are all expecting you to make a coherent argument, hopefully back with quotes form the constitution, as to why Giovanni is not constitutionally allowed to be a northeast citizen.  Then he will be able to respond.  Giovanni starts ahead because he was elected so you have to craft your argument first.  That is how civil debate works.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies