Opinion of teachers' unions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:54:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of teachers' unions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of teachers' unions
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Opinion of teachers' unions  (Read 4761 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 24, 2011, 01:23:08 AM »

HP, like all public employee unions.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »

Yup all of us are horrible greedy leeches.

No, I never claimed that individual members of the teachers unions are the problem.

Yet you have problems with the unions; which is the collective sum of it's members. It's perfectly reasonable to dislike leaders and governance of a union (I know I do with mine) but to say you hate the union because of it's leadership is a bit of a slight against the people who make up that union.

The topic is called "Opinion of teachers' unions", but that doesn't mean everyone will answer it in reference to the sum total of their members. To do so would be to make this a rather drab topic, considering the diversity of people in teachers' unions, like any other group.

To put it more plainly, I am rather neutral on teachers in general. I am rather neutral on most groups, aside from ones that voluntarily self-identify with repugnant ideas, causes, & actions. I would qualify Klansmen or child molestors as being HPs in general.

My point is, to answer the question as referring to the sum total of the members of teachers' unions ultimately makes the question less to do with teachers' unions & more to do with the answerer's value judgments in re groups. I highly doubt that the poster of the topic intended replies to be biased in such a fashion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies