Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:47:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 42291 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 12, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »

Sure, sure. And those Oath Keepers with assault weapons just roaming around the streets? All hell would break loose if a group of black people decided to show up like that. Stop trying to trivialize this.
This golum's always been a c*nt
Wouldn't be surprised if he's there as we speak.
No, I don't feel like being brutalized by your side.

The irony lol after that video
Do I have to post video of the Scalise shooting to prove that both sides literally do it or can we move on?

Except there's nothing wrong with violence against organized fascists. Dialogue with those neo-Nazis is a waste of time; all they know is violence, so the left should respond in their language.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »

Nice reporting my post Sprouts. Twice.

What have you got against my grandfather shooting fascists?

I reported it once. And the fact that saying violence is good is disgusting? Pretty obvious to me.

I'd love for all who gathered at the original rally to be locked up, but I'm not calling for a battlefield against our own people

I have no idea what you're talking about. What have you got against my grandfather shooting fascists? He tried to get to Spain to shoot them before it was cool. His nephew sabotaged Rolls Royce engines he helped build because fascist Pinochet was using them in bombers. Some of them blew up. He got a medal from the democratic Chilean government for it. My family have a proud history of killing fascists Cheesy

Your family sounds awesome. We need more folks like your grandfather today.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 02:39:56 PM »

Why the hell is he talking about unemployment? For the love of God!

What else is he going to talk about? Obviously not the violence of his core supporters. All he did about them is say "both sides do it," as if protesting and violence in defense of White Supremecy is equivalent to the opposition to those evils.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 02:43:06 PM »

Trump is an absolutely worthless piece of sh*t. Kelly seems to be a failure so far.

Trump's just giving the millions of Americans (minority of Americans, mind you) what they want. He's their voice; the voice of White Supremacy and wealthy interests.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:52:02 PM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »

How is this Trump's fault? Neo-Nazi's have been around for centuries.

Trump is a symptom of the disease that plagues American society. He's certainly not the cause. However, he has empowered that disgusting and dangerous element, and with his speech today he has demonstrated no effort at calling them out specifically for their beliefs and actions, thereby allowing himself to continue symbolically representing them and benefiting from them.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »

Hmm... I wonder what's going on at Breitbart, the site where Steve Bannon was formerly the editor before becoming a top Trump advisor and campaign manager...

MARK SIMONE @MarkSimoneNY
First Russia, now the media will try to create some sort of fake relationship between Trump and the White Supremacists.
4:15 PM · Aug 12, 2017

Tim Pool @Timcast
People chanting "Love has already won" in #Charlottesville. Sorry but no, ya'll hate just as much as the other side.
12:24 PM · Aug 12, 2017

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.breitbart.com/live/live-wire-charlottesville-protest-turns-violent-as-state-of-emergency-declared/
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »

This is a pretty good post I saw on the issue...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »

Me: *makes post about how everyone is at fault for this*
Everyone:

Jesus Christ some of you have short tempers, especially whoever S-WA is.

Please enlighten us as to how the Left is in any way at fault here.

They showed up to protest against Fascists and weren't vewy nice to them eithew Sad
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »

Using this list, and including today's incident here's my tally of terrorist incidents post-9/11 (rough count, not plugged into Excel or anything):

65 different attacks:
- 31 perpetrated by Islamic extremists
- 15 perpetrated by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 3 perpetrated by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 16 perpetrated by people with other or unknown motives

167 people killed (not including attackers)
- 95 were killed by Islamic extremists (over half of these in the Orlando shooting)
- 37 were killed by neo-Nazis, sovereign citizens, and assorted far-right terrorists
- 4 were killed by black nationalists, ecoterrorists, and assorted far-left terrorists
- 31 were killed by people with other or unknown motives
Precisely. If killing the families of ISIS members is okay, then killing the families of right-wing terrorists is okay too.
Why don't you just kill yourself if you're this itchy to do some harm?

Cool it, Sanchez. You're going to get banned if you continue.
I'm going to get banned? Did you read Cora's post? It's only a matter of time before he goes out to "avenge" what happened today.

Cora isn't going to kill anyone, and you don't want anyone to kill themselves either. So, both of you need to hush with that level of discourse.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »

If I were black, I would not go to a march of ku klux klan, This regrettable fact could be avoided but the provocation won.

Quit trolling. You're too transparent at this point.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »

Extremely normal person behaivour to come into a thread about white supremacists and start yelling about people wanting reparations.

Yeah. I'm SURE David isn't at all racist. That's definitely the first thought I had!

Oh I know David is a racist from every time he talks about Palestinians. This is just the first time I've seen him nuzzle so close to actual white supremacy.

Considering the disgusting, rabid anti-Semitism among White Nationalists and other assorted Fascists, you'd think David would at least be more reluctant to make this into a "both sides do it" situation. But maybe he finds some repugnant common ground with them since they both share a nationalist/supremacist ideology for their respective groups. Zionists, especially hardliners, and White Nationalists have a lot in common today.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 06:02:28 PM »

DSA support BDS and are just as vile as -- and more dangerous than -- the organizers of the rally. Which doesn't excuse the latter group at all, btw.

Supporting a nonviolent, voluntary boycott of Israel is worse than a neo-Nazi, White Supremacist rally that resulted in one of its participants employing an ISIS terrorist tactic to kill 1 person and injure over 20 others. You are a true piece of work.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »

The next time Democrats regain the trifecta, they should go on an all-out assault on the white nationalist movement and their enablers, violent and non-violent alike.  Even if it means running roughshod over their First Amendment rights.  

Seconded
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies