Will Elizabeth Warren endorse before Tuesday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:39:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Elizabeth Warren endorse before Tuesday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: --
Yes - Sanders

Yes - Clinton

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Will Elizabeth Warren endorse before Tuesday?  (Read 1580 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 28, 2016, 06:18:38 PM »

Two days left to try to influence the primary there. Will she pick a candidate before her state votes?
Trapsy

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »

Naaah
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »

Warren will endorse Clinton, but not until the primary is basically over.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 06:24:36 PM »

Its so obvious that deep down she favors Sanders, so she simply won't endorse until the primary season is over.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:06 PM »

She'll probably wait until after the primaries are over.
psychprofessor

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »

Its so obvious that deep down she favors Sanders, so she simply won't endorse until the primary season is over.

Really? Barney Frank and others have alluded to the fact that she can't stand him.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »

Really? Barney Frank and others have alluded to the fact that she can't stand him.

Link?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 07:18:11 PM »

True, but she also said that she wouldn't endorse Clinton not too long ago. Also, [citation needed]
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 07:30:48 PM »

I wondered about this and suspected that she might not care for him. It's said that he doesn't have many allies in Congress and something about him seems like he'd be very difficult to work with.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 07:32:08 PM »

I wondered about this and suspected that she might not care for him. It's said that he doesn't have many allies in Congress and something about him seems like he'd be very difficult to work with.

Come on, even Republicans like Inhofe like him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37:17 PM »

Which is why I said "many" as opposed to "none" when I was referencing allies. How he gets along with Democrats is most important in the primary and so far I haven't heard any of them call him an ally or even a friend.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »

I believe they actually interviewed Inhofe. Inhofe said Sanders never talked about anything other than politics, and that he didn't even know if Sanders had grandchildren. Take of that what you will.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 07:44:57 PM »

Inhofe liking him is a pretty damning indictment, to me.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »

Warren will endorse Clinton, but not until the primary is basically over.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »

No, why would she?  Bernie Sanders looks doomed as a viable contender for the nomination, yet it makes little sense to endorse Hillary Clinton while a majority of Sanders' supporters still believe he can win.  Supporters she may call upon in four years' time when President Hillary Clinton is seeking re-nomination...  
JMT

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 12:36:49 AM »

No, of course she won't. It doesn't make sense for her to endorse. There isn't a clear winner in MA right now, it could go either way on Tuesday. She is popular with both Sanders supporters and Hillary supporters, and she will remain popular amongst both groups even if she doesn't endorse. So why upset Sanders or Hillary supporters by choosing to endorse one of the candidates? She'll definitely publicly endorse whoever the nominee is though, towards the end of the primary cycle once it's totally clear who will win.

It'll be interesting if media / people in MA see her at a polling location, though. Then we'll know she definitely has a preference and voted for that person, but most likely won't share who she voted for. 
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:58:46 AM »

No.  At this point it is too late for her endorsement to have an impact on Super Tuesday, she needed to do it at least a week ago.  Doing it now would anger one side or the other without providing much benefit.  If the result in MA is very decisive, which is unlikely, it is possible she may endorse one of the candidates shortly after Super Tuesday.  But a narrow or even modest victory for Clinton or Sanders gives her little reason to do anything.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 01:02:55 AM »

She's not going to endorse anyone before the primary is over.
She has been sending emails to Bernie supporters on behalf of MoveOn, but from what I've read she is under a lot of pressure from the other female Democratic senators to endorse Hillary and she doesnt want to be seen as a gender-traitor.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 01:08:00 AM »

I would say no. Clinton doesn't seem to need her endorsement and at this point Sanders may only benefit marginally. Plus in terms of positioning, why burn any bridges?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 01:20:05 AM »

She's not going to endorse anyone before the primary is over.
She has been sending emails to Bernie supporters on behalf of MoveOn, but from what I've read she is under a lot of pressure from the other female Democratic senators to endorse Hillary and she doesnt want to be seen as a gender-traitor.

So ridiculous. Bernie absolutely landslided NH women under 30. I guess they're all going to a special place in hell. Meanwhile, I haven't heard anyone calling George Soros a Jew traitor for giving $8 million to Hillary.
DS0816
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »

If Bernie Sanders wins the nomination…endorse.

If Hillary Clinton wins the nomination…don't bother.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies