What's happening in this election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:49:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What's happening in this election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's happening in this election?  (Read 3288 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: June 13, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »
« edited: June 13, 2012, 01:33:48 PM by Beet »

The Republicans picked the right primary candidate, is what happened. (Well, that and a couple of disappointing jobs reports). But no, sometimes what feels bad in politics is good, and what feels good is bad. Mitt Romney isn't the most exciting candidate, but elections are about maximizing a quantitative variable, and Romney has always been the best positioned to help the GOP on that score. He was always more formidable than he seemed in the Spring during the primary, as I pointed out at the time. I should add that he's also been focusing on the right issues (economic issues). Obama has talked a lot about economics too but he's deviated off into the 'war on women' and gay marriage, which doesn't help him electorally. I hope someone up there has the memory of the Creigh Deeds campaign in mind. Obama needs to focus on economic issues, even if the economy disappoints. It's his only hope. Unfortunately the GOP as a whole is still so extreme (and getting moreso) that giving them control of all three branches of government would be a major problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies