I'm disgusted with the media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:09:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  I'm disgusted with the media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm disgusted with the media  (Read 5353 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: September 14, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »
« edited: September 14, 2016, 09:29:12 PM by Rep. LLR »

For years and years, the media have been "unbiased". Sure, they've probably skewed liberal, but they've tried to stay impartial. What the hell happened to that!? Since he announced his campaign, the media have been covering Trump nonstop. Every remark he's made, everything he's done. This enabled his name recognition to skyrocket, which let him win the Republican primaries. And now in the general, the media are covering Stormfront/Breitbart conspiracy theories as normal news and not caring about policy.

Why is this? Ratings. Ratings have driven the media insane and have let them become so biased in favor of Trump that they're enabling his candidacy. The media will be singlehandedly responsible for the destruction of our nation and our world, all because they want sweet, sweet cash. It's disgraceful. And it's definitely making a difference in the polls. If Trump wins this election, it's gonna be thanks to the news organizations.

ADDENDUM: And through this entire process, whenever Trump releases a bit of concrete policy, the hail it like a God has come to Earth, while the candidate(s) with actual good plans are ignored. Each side of Trump's flip flops are covered while other candidates' policy plans are never covered at all.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 09:36:40 PM »

It toon you this long to figure that out? This is literally the single biggest reason why Trump won the primary. He is a master manipulator of the media, and he's exposed the fact that the biggest agenda the media has is profit.

I just felt with all the health stuff and trumps recent surge in the polls it was especially necessary to say right now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies