OH: Quinnipiac University: GOP now trails in OH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:03:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH: Quinnipiac University: GOP now trails in OH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: Quinnipiac University: GOP now trails in OH  (Read 2056 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 29, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »

Nominating Bush's trade representative in Ohio of all places was a terrible decision and should keep this race competitive.

After which Portman served a term as Bush's Budget Director, another golden turd on anyone's resume.

I'll say it again: Apparently the Titanic's navigator and Hindenberg's pilot were both busy when the Ohio GOP were candidate shopping.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »

And yet another "don't lump me in with Bush" Republican backs a candidate who's W's clone. What a shocker.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »

And yet another "don't lump me in with Bush" Republican backs a candidate who's W's clone. What a shocker.

Part of me wants to eat your eyes out of your skull, the other just wonders how stupid people can get when in partisan mode.

Portman is not a "Bush clone". I have made it very clear that I am backing Portman, I can't stand protectionism nor can I stand far left Progressivism espoused by Brunner. I want Kasich and Portman to win in November. Plus I see no reason why a me a year as Trade Rep and a Year as OMB should decide his future considering his extroadinary record beyond that.

Plus in pushing protectionism against Portman you fail to realize what Portman and Bush were working for with regards to trade at that point which was an agreement to get other countries to reduce their protectionism on us. Of course Protectionism isn't about reality but about hysteria.

Supporting fair trade/protectionism = "hysteria"

Wanting to eat the eyeballs out of the skull of someone who disagrees with you = ??

Short of Treasury Secretary, there are few positions more central to a president's economic policy than OMB Director and US Trade Rep. Of the thousands of people Bush could've chosen to best reflect and implement his economic policy in those positions he chose Portman. Just a little telling, no?

Of course if you can show a single material policy on which Portman is different than W, that may help.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »

Part of me wants to eat your eyes out of your skull, the other just wonders how stupid people can get when in partisan mode.

Portman is not a "Bush clone". I have made it very clear that I am backing Portman, I can't stand protectionism nor can I stand far left Progressivism espoused by Brunner. I want Kasich and Portman to win in November. Plus I see no reason why a me a year as Trade Rep and a Year as OMB should decide his future considering his extroadinary record beyond that.

Plus in pushing protectionism against Portman you fail to realize what Portman and Bush were working for with regards to trade at that point which was an agreement to get other countries to reduce their protectionism on us. Of course Protectionism isn't about reality but about hysteria.

Wanting to eat the eyeballs out of the skull of someone who disagrees with you = ??

Short of Treasury Secretary, there are few positions more central to a president's economic policy than OMB Director and US Trade Rep. Of the thousands of people Bush could've chosen to best reflect and implement his economic policy in those positions he chose Portman. Just a little telling, no?

Of course if you can show a single material policy on which Portman is different than W, that may help.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. I do have a problem with your insulting me in a condescending manner.

Here's a tip: Stating you want to suck someone's eyeballs out of their skull will not decrease the odds of being condenscended to on the forum.

Part of me wants to eat your eyes out of your skull,

Sorry, I'm pretty sure that is against the TOS.

The way the TOS is enforced in such an uneven manner, I wouldn't be assertative at all with regards to the document.

Its a statement of anger, its not vulgar, its physically impossible considering we are so far away from each other, and if you read my statement is says a part of me not that I want to do that, a part which is fortunately under control. A statement of my inner demons shouldn't be taken as a threat but as a consideration, especially for someone who knows my past which Badger should either be well aware or he is extremely unattentative and blind.

I have no f'king idea how to respond to that. None.

No wait, yes I do:

Introducing: "The Incredible Yank"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qBvqf4XTI
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me. I do have a problem with your insulting me in a condescending manner.

Here's a tip: Stating you want to suck someone's eyeballs out of their skull will not decrease the odds of being condenscended to on the forum.

Part of me wants to eat your eyes out of your skull,

Sorry, I'm pretty sure that is against the TOS.

The way the TOS is enforced in such an uneven manner, I wouldn't be assertative at all with regards to the document.

Its a statement of anger, its not vulgar, its physically impossible considering we are so far away from each other, and if you read my statement is says a part of me not that I want to do that, a part which is fortunately under control. A statement of my inner demons shouldn't be taken as a threat but as a consideration, especially for someone who knows my past which Badger should either be well aware or he is extremely unattentative and blind.

I have no f'king idea how to respond to that. None.

No wait, yes I do:

Introducing: "The Incredible Yank"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qBvqf4XTI

I can't watch that youtube video (due to a long running software issue) so I have no idea what it is.

All I am asking is for you to extend the amount of reason and independence you have hither too displayed.

I would much rather carry this on via PM then in public. I have always respected you Badger so you should understand why I (who is nothing but consistent in not tolerating such insults and condescending behavior) objected. I told you how I feel and I also told you how I might have responded had I been in a worse mood or flew of the handle with a figurative statement representing how mad I would have been. Thats how you should have regarded that statement.

Yank.

First off, chillax.

Secondly, it's the trailer from the Incredible Hulk movie. ("I have problems controlling my emotions sometime...." You can guess how it develops from there.

The rest I'll save for PM, but to summarize: "chillax".

Dammit! I totally missed a zinger like: "Yeah? I got something else you can suck on" BOOM! SLAM!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies