What Will/Would Louisiana Look Like Under A Governor Edwards? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:48:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What Will/Would Louisiana Look Like Under A Governor Edwards? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Will/Would Louisiana Look Like Under A Governor Edwards?  (Read 2373 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 10, 2015, 11:45:51 PM »

Only noted idiot BigSkyBob could suggest that Edwards should switch parties before he is even elected as a Democrat.

OT: Freedom State, of course.

Your theory has the problem that I don't suggest "Edwards switch parties" precisely because I believe that John Bel Edwards is left of center. Other have stated thing like Edwards is a "conservative Democrat" and that Vitter [certainly a conservative] and Edwards agree on most major issues. If they are right, which I do not believe, then Edwards easiest path forward to govern from the right is to switch parties. [Nor, did I suggest he switch parties today. I merely speculated about him following the example of Buddy Roemer [sp?] and switching parties after he was elected as a Democrat, assuming he is a conservative, and wants to govern as a conservative, which are two things that I simply don't believe to be true.]

Edwards' key to success is to NOT switch parties.  It didn't work for Buddy Roemer.  Roemer, I believe, would have been reelected in 1991 had he remained a Democrat, governing as a conservative, but demonstrating nominal loyalty to the national party.  Instead, Roemer drank the Bush 41 Kool Aid and switched parties, causing Democrats and Republicans alike to hate him.  Edwards's key is to be both a conservative Democrat and a loyal Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies