a.scott for Senate [Thank You!]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:34:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  a.scott for Senate [Thank You!]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: a.scott for Senate [Thank You!]  (Read 3559 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 05:41:35 PM »

My friends and fellow Northerners,

We are living in historic times for our great region.  We are in the process of completing what has been a thorough, completely transparent drafting of our new constitution.  In the next couple days, our Committee is expected to finally vote to send the constitution to the people of the North for an up-or-down vote.  I want to thank the members of the Committee, especially Truman, for all their hard work and for letting non-members influence the process.  The process included much compromise, and while nobody got everything they wanted, it shall be a fair, governing document for our region that respects the rights of all, regardless of origin or residence in historical boundaries of the country.

While I planned on running as a member of the first new Assembly and having an active term if elected, I have decided instead to run for the Atlasian Senate in next month's election.  I plan to continue to have a proactive role as a citizen of this region regardless of where I am in the months ahead, as there is much I would like to see accomplished in the region.  However, I feel that our Senate now is in dire need of activity.  As of tonight, I am the only declared candidate in the August race.

I stand for free, but fair, trade with other countries.  That's why I'm working with Secretary of State Truman and the President to form a common market with the United Kingdom, and why I would like to restart our previous trade relationship with Canada.

I believe in the woman's right to choose.  I am against the proposed National Right to Life Act.  If I were in the Senate, I would vote against it, but I also support efforts to help women seek alternatives to abortion and family planning.  Women's healthcare, in particular, is important to include in the national conversation on healthcare.

And speaking of healthcare, I've had the privilege of working with Senator Blair and the Health Care Congressional Committee to draft a comprehensive healthcare model for the nation that reduces costs and expands coverage.  Access to health care is a human right.  I support a public option, as well as subsidies for prescription drugs, to lower costs and facilitate consumer-friendly competition.

I am a strong opponent of the infamous Citizen's United Supreme Court decision.  As senator, I will work to pass a Constitutional amendment exempting campaign money from First Amendment protections and work to get big money out of politics.

Fresh-faced as I am to some in this game, I have a long record of experience as both a legislator and a governor of two of our former regions.  I have many friends in this game from both sides of the political spectrum, and I will work with Laborites, Federalists, Independents, and UA members while standing strongly for progressive values.

Let's get to work.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 11:26:41 PM »

endorsed (normal)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 11:50:35 PM »

Good luck! Your dedication and experience is amazing.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »

Good luck! Your dedication and experience is amazing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:44 AM »

Thank you all! Smiley
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »

I'm not from the North, or agree with you on a lot. But good luck!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 03:14:29 PM »

Endorsed!!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 07:53:34 PM »

Now that you are the official Labor candidate (barring any other people jumping in).

I enthusiastically endorse your campaign for economic and social justice!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 07:55:21 PM »

Endorsed.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »

Now that you are the official Labor candidate (barring any other people jumping in).

I enthusiastically endorse your campaign for economic and social justice!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2016, 11:51:18 PM »

Thanks, guys!!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 11:41:26 AM »

You'll be a Great Senator and I look forward to serving with you. In the last couple of days alone you've proved that you'll be an active, and progressive voice- this is just what we need in the Senate
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »

ascott on the issues: crime, guns, and homelessness

Over the past week, Atlasia has experienced an unprecedented crime wave flooding our streets: soda machines vandalized.  Computers stolen from campaign offices.  Impersonation of government officials. Deputies killed.

These are crimes that must be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  However, we cannot dismiss some of the root causes associated with crime, including the cycle of poverty and joblessness that affects families throughout the country.  And we must address the obscene incarceration numbers in our country that far exceeds that of just about every developed nation, which disproportionately affect minorities.

First, we need to rehabilitate and educate those in prison who have the potential to redeem themselves and become active contributors to our society.  This is why I support reenacting the Prison Reform Act of 2013 as it was repealed after the game reset.  Nonviolent offenders, especially, should have the opportunity to assimilate back into society after they complete their sentences.  I support the "Ban the Box" campaign, which advocates employers removing the check box in hiring applications that ask if applicants have a criminal record.  By lowering barriers to employment, ex-convicts will have a better chance of becoming productive, independent citizens and will therefore be less likely to reoffend.

As one who's been victim to home invasion, I support the right of individuals to defend themselves.  My position on gun control is a nuanced one.  I will protect our Second Amendment rights and support concealed carry laws that allow responsible gun owners to have protection from violent offenders.  However, I am also a strong supporter of universal background checks and requiring gun manufacturers to include safety locks on the firearms they sell.  Responsible law-abiding gun owners will have nothing to fear, and these are reforms supported by an overwhelming majority of gun owners and were even historically advocated for by the National Rifle Association.

Beyond these reforms, I believe gun control is an issue best handled by regional, state, and local governments.  Any debate on gun control cannot neglect the concerns of rural Atlasians, where firearm ownership is high and hunting is a strong tradition.

Lastly, chronic homelessness is an issue that impacts all people living in both urban and rural Atlasia.  Most recently, a homeless person living in the North was charged for illegally occupying an office that wasn't their own.  Being homeless should not be treated as a crime.  Instead, I support encouraging regions to adopt housing programs similar to the one the Northeast adopted when I was governor.  This is not, by any means, the silver bullet to defeating homelessness, but it is a positive step forward as a means to reduce the number of people living on the streets.  Childhood poverty must also be a priority for this government, as studies have shown that it is the largest factor in whether a person will remain in poverty in their adult life.

(This was a lengthy platform, so I put all my policy positions in bold.  Feel free to ask any questions.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »

You'll be a Great Senator and I look forward to serving with you. In the last couple of days alone you've proved that you'll be an active, and progressive voice- this is just what we need in the Senate

I'm honored to receive your endorsement, Senator.  I look forward to partnering with you to deliver good results for our region. Smiley
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »

You will make a wonderful addition to the Senate. Endorsed!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 08:36:17 PM »

Endorsed! Your position on gun control in particular is a refreshing dose of the no-nonsense leadership we so desperately need.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 02:01:35 AM »

Over the past week, Atlasia has experienced an unprecedented crime wave flooding our streets: soda machines vandalized.  Computers stolen from campaign offices.  Impersonation of government officials. Deputies killed.

So, soda machines first, deputies last?

How outrageous, but endorsed anyway.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »

You will make a wonderful addition to the Senate. Endorsed!
Endorsed! Your position on gun control in particular is a refreshing dose of the no-nonsense leadership we so desperately need.

So, soda machines first, deputies last?

How outrageous, but endorsed anyway.

Thank you all so much!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 12:49:59 AM »

We're entering the final day of this election weekend.  Though the Senate race is turning out to be a bit closer than expected, I remain very optimistic about our chances.  Please go out and vote now if you haven't yet!  The election of our first regional officers post-ratification is of extreme importance.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 08:31:09 PM »

Senator Scott addresses his supporters from his headquarters in Holderness, NH

My friends, it is an honor to be speaking with you tonight.  I would like to thank all of you for electing me as your next senator.  Work begins today.  Not only in the Senate, but here at home, where our first elected officeholders will soon be deliberating on legislation.  As your senator, I pledge to spend as much time with my constituents as in Washington.  The North has a great opportunity to lead our nation on the problems facing us today, from skyrocketing healthcare costs to criminal justice to campaign finance and beyond.

Let's build something together.

Thank you, and Dave bless.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies