Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:09:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Real-life equivalents of Atlasian "politicians"  (Read 6554 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: November 24, 2009, 06:33:06 AM »

Pick some atlasians (past or present) and try to find the real-life politician who looks more like each one. You can choose politicians from any country.

Here is my list :

Hashemite : Pierre Mendès-France
Marokai : Nancy Pelosi or Dennis Kucinich
Hamilton : Richard Nixon (a manipulating crook with sane but changing political views)
Kalwejt : Lionel Jospin, for obvious reasons Tongue
DWTL : Rush Limbaugh, or Frédéric Lefebvre (an intellectually dishonest hack without any credibility and ridiculously proud of himself)
Keystone Phil : Silvio Berlusconi Grin
Fab : François fillon

I'll try to complete it later. Do your own ! Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:40:03 AM »

Pick some atlasians (past or present) and try to find the real-life politician who looks more like each one. You can choose politicians from any country.

Here is my list :

Hamilton : Richard Nixon (a manipulating crook with sane but changing political views)
DWTL : Rush Limbaugh, or Frédéric Lefebvre (an intellectually dishonest hack without any credibility and ridiculously proud of himself)

Rush is a politician?

Lefebvre sin't really a politician too, in fact... The difficulty comes from the fact that, in real life, someone who behaves like DWTL would have no chances in elections, and would be reduced to the role of the clown-hack like Limbaugh and Lefebvre.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:41 AM »

Here is my list :

Rush is a politician?

Lefebvre sin't really a politician too, in fact... .

Dunno if he sin't a politician but i know that he is a politician. We like it or not, he is one, he has responsibilities and tasks in that realm.

He's a man of party, but not an elected official.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2009, 12:02:00 PM by Northeast Representative Antonio V »

He was deputy till very recently. And anyways he works for a political party, and more of that as spokesman, which is enough to be a politician. I might have missed something but has he also given up the spokesman job?

My comment was 50%-ironical. Lefebvre, as Limbaugh, is here to speak and to give a voice to the stupidest and most caricaturally ideological ideas coming from his political side. Both speak and -fortunately- don't act. They let the others (Bush and the GOP for Limbaugh, Sarko and the UMP for Lefebvre...) the task to concretize most as possible the inanities they say.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »

He was deputy till very recently. And anyways he works for a political party, and more of that as spokesman, which is enough to be a politician. I might have missed something but has he also given up the spokesman job?

My comment was 50%-ironical. Lefebvre, as Limbaugh, is here to speak and to give a voice to the stupidest and most caricaturally ideological ideas coming from his political side. Both speak and -fortunately- don't act. They let the others (Bush and the GOP for Limbaugh, Sarko and the UMP for Lefebvre...) the task to concretize most as possible the inanities they say.

Yep, but still, Limbaugh makes radio, Lefevbre is still the spokesman of the biggest political party in France, moreover the one in power, there is a gap.

Right.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:47:34 PM »

Winston Disraeli : Alain Madelin
Colin Wixted : Dwight Eisenhower (popular moderate)
Fritz : Walter Mondale
MaxQue : Hubert Humphrey
Mechman : Barry Goldwater
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

So what does this Lefebvre character do? What has he said that's so crazy?

Can't remember all... Some last things concerned taxing the indemnities for incidents at work and chemical castration, but he said worse...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »

Kalwejt : Oskar Lafontaine (Kalwejt is a impulsive man, like Oskar Wink)

You're right, it fits probably better as for political views.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nice one, I'm pretty satisfied with this one. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »

Barnes : Lyndon Johnson.
Dr Cynic : Clement Attlee (the old UK labour fits very well for him Smiley)

100% agreed with DWTL compring himself with Gingrich, should have though to it myself. Lief/Obama fits also quite well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies