Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:37:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 114000 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: February 17, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

I just saw one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen- a Republican on Facebook arguing that abortion should be allowed, despite the fact that he thinks it is murder.  Why?  Because he thinks that it's mostly Democrats that are murdered, so he thinks it is worth it as a means of controlling the population of liberals.

Disgusting!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:13:38 AM »

Proud to say that I have never used drugs in my life and never will to the day I die.  The same is true for alcohol.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »

I was on FOX News multiple times during CPAC this week!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »

I was on FOX News multiple times during CPAC this week!

Cool! As a guest? Or just in the background?

Interviewed once and then in the background at least once more (actually, FOX panned to me cheering in the audience during Trump's speech)
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:07:40 PM »

I just saw one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen- a Republican on Facebook arguing that abortion should be allowed, despite the fact that he thinks it is murder.  Why?  Because he thinks that it's mostly Democrats that are murdered, so he thinks it is worth it as a means of controlling the population of liberals.

Disgusting!!

I just saw this again, from an alt-right friend of a friend in a Facebook discussion.  This idea really bothers me.  And, then I was told I was being too ideological because I am not "pragmatic" enough to think that killing potential liberals is a good thing.  This is a reminder that there are plenty of crazy people on both sides of the aisle!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »

I found out that Trump is having a rally in Nashville next week and got a ticket!  I'm really excited!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 04:42:16 PM »

Have I ever said how much I hate the alt-right?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 03:08:50 PM »

Today is the first day of Spring (in the Northern Hemisphere)!  It's still chilly here and there's snow everywhere, but the Sun was shining nice and bright to make up for it.  There were birds everywhere serenading me on my walk.  I saw a titmouse perched up on lowlying branch near me, chirping away.  Tried to tiptoe back inside to get my camera but by the time I got back, it flew away.  It's kinda fitting I guess that that would happen since I couldn't just stand there and enjoy it on my own.  Tongue  Looking forward to longer, sunny days as everything starts to come back to life!

It's currently 82 degrees and sunny here (more sign that winter doesn't actually extend into March in the Southeast).  More like the "first day of summer"!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »

My 21st  is on Friday but the liquor store across the street is shut down for a week.

Tomorrow? (I guess we were born less than a week apart)
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »

I've been doing a little bit of analysis about the age gap from the 2016 election, both in relation to the state's trend and, using Senate data, who tended to run above Trump with youngs.  I will have it all up soon, but for a really bizarre age gap, look at IA-SEN (18-29s voted for Grassley by 30, his largest margin) or WI-SEN (where Johnson won 18-24s by double digits)!

ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »

Just recently had an interview for a possible internship with Congressman Lance. Still waiting to hear back but keeping my fingers crossed

In DC or in the district office?  I was in DC the last two summers.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 10:09:36 PM »

I have to sell advertisements door-to-door for a school project. It's genuinely depressing work.

I once left an internship with the MI GOP due to the fact that they wanted me to get petitions signed.

Can't blame you.

Talked to one lady who cut me off as I spoke because she wasn't interested, stopped me as I walked out the door to ask what I was selling, and then cut me off again (more harshly) because she wasn't interested.

I was going door-to-door in Georgia in 2014, and at one house, I got out of the car, and the family was gathered outside for some sort of party.  One woman screams at me that "whatever you're selling, we don't want it unless it is free", and I tell them I am not selling anything and explain that I was volunteering with the GA GOP.  Then she says "we're all Democrats here, we're not interested".  But, as I am just starting to walk away, and old Southern lady speaks up "Except for me... I'm a felon so I can't vote".  I got back in the car and told everyone else the story, and one person said that she thought she saw a chainsaw in the yard, so we got a couple blocks away before we got out of the car again!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »

I got tickets to the Preds game tonight, so I'm really excited about that!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »

I just booked a hotel room in Nebraska to watch the total solar eclipse in three months.

Excellent. Which part of the state? I know that Scottsbluff is popular with eclipse chasers. I'll be going through there a week before the eclipse on my way to ID.

I would, except I already live in St. Louis! Probably never going to see a total solar eclipse from my backyard ever again.

You should get just over a minute of totality from your house. Since the probability of a total eclipse at any one spot is once every 375 years, your assumption is a good one.

I'm just hoping for good weather in Nashville that day.  If it's bad, I guess I can always head up to Kentucky in 2024!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?

Has she figured out where you stand yet?

If she has, and nothing's happened,  just continue to agree to disagree.

If she hasn't, just don't bring it up yourself, and if she somehow brings it up, just agree to disagree.

But hey, if she's good lookin' and she thinks you're good lookin'...well, perhaps opposition won't be such an issue then anyway.

I don't know if she knows, but my computer is plastered in conservative and pro-life stickers, so she will figure it out.  I think I might just explain the situation and agree to never talk politics.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

Y'all are being ridiculous.  I have always and will always condemn violence against the abortion industry.  I really am a decent person and would never consider something like that, and I'm fairly taken aback that y'all even brought it up.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

Y'all are being ridiculous.  I have always and will always condemn violence against the abortion industry.  I really am a decent person and would never consider something like that, and I'm fairly taken aback that y'all even brought it up.

Don't you support the death penalty for anyone who takes part in an abortion? That probably doesn't directly apply to your roommate, but it will definitely apply to some of her acquaintances.

I support charging abortion doctors with murder, but not actually the women who procure them (since they are usually lied to and brainwashed by the abortion industry).  And, in any rate, you can't go backwards and charge someone for doing something that was/is legal at the time.

All I know is that I am going to pray about this a lot tonight before I go to bed.

(And, NOVA Green, it's my laptop, so it isn't just in one place)
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 04:58:27 PM »

My air conditioner has been broken for three days, and it's in the 90s outside
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »

My air conditioner has been broken for three days, and it's in the 90s outside

Just get a fan.

Easy for someone in Massachusetts to say- everyone has AC in Tennessee

The past couple nights, I have only been able to sleep with my fan on and a t-shirt soaked in cold water from the shower draped over my body.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »

The AC is working again (but it's slightly cooler and less humid tonight anyway)!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »

Does "business professional" imply I wear a suit? The only one I own was bought in 2010 for a funeral. I am shaped slightly differently now.

"Business casual" is generally slacks with a button-down shirt, or possibly a Polo.  I would assume "business professional" is a step up from that.  For "cocktail attire" in the past, I've worn a suit without a tie but with a colorful single-toned shirt.

I switched jobs earlier this year.  To one interview, I wore a suit and tie.  To the other, I was specifically told not to wear a suit, because he didn't want to interview someone who looked headed for a funeral.  I think it depends a lot on the interviewer.

At my job, it probably would be called business casual, but all the guys wear polos most days this time of year.  I wore a suit to interview, though, and was probably still overdressed the first day or two.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 08:39:37 AM »

I was attacked by a bunch of alt-righters last night.  Those people are scary!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 09:44:42 PM »

I was attacked by a bunch of alt-righters last night.  Those people are scary!

What happened?

He went to meet up with Santander and his friends, but realized it was a trap when it was too late.

I made an anti-alt-right Facebook post and retweeted a video of a prominent alt-righter saying some disgusting things.  A swarm of them then attacked my pages, mostly resorting to criticizing my weight and that I apparently am a baby boomer type of conservative instead of a millennial one (which they view as the alt-right).  One's profile actually said that the alt-right isn't extreme enough and that she is a Nazi instead (despite having a Jewish-sounding last name herself).
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »

ER: "I was attacked last night."

Atlas: "What happened?"

ER: "People insulted me on Facebook."

Saying alt-right implies online, since they don't leave their parents' basement
Pages: [1] 2