Note
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 04:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Note
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Note  (Read 1660 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:02:19 AM »

This is a dick move, PiT, and I'm calling you out on it. Rowan and tmth made the move to the DA in concert and after consultation with you. Whether Duke is serious or not, you ought to wait more than 2½ hours before returning. Now you've left them in the lurch.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 12:04:23 AM »

Yeah, it was. Really, I should have talked to Duke about it before going in the first place.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »

He left for a dickly reason. And He would be stupid if he would give up a year of working hard to make this party get somewhere and then leave just because of a lack of reason.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »

Lt. Governor YesNoMaybeSo is just concerned about his electoral future. Undoubtedly he wants to get elected to something in the future, and heaven knows he won't get that in the Democratic Alliance because of the RPP's much larger army of voters.

Of course, I'll save the rest of my comments for my paper.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »

I'm not exactly sure what brought all of this on tonight, and I would have been happy if I had been forewarned before all of this broke loose, but I am serious about reforming the RPP. I fully intend on allowing a more free-flowing of ideas, as well as not vilifying and attacking other members of other parties. I've always been proud of the friends I have in the DA and even the JCP, and I don't intend on using this position to go after any of their party members in the manner it has been done in the past.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 12:24:35 AM »

I'm not exactly sure what brought all of this on tonight, and I would have been happy if I had been forewarned before all of this broke loose, but I am serious about reforming the RPP. I fully intend on allowing a more free-flowing of ideas, as well as not vilifying and attacking other members of other parties. I've always been proud of the friends I have in the DA and even the JCP, and I don't intend on using this position to go after any of their party members in the manner it has been done in the past.

If you were serious about reforming the party you would've asked for a Chairman vote before you were just hand-picked for the position.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't have criticized other party member(s) before you got the job.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't have criticized the JCP the night you take over.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't conduct your business in secret and would've wanted all of this done transparently.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »

He has to start somewhere you know Marokai. And that is what he is doing. And since The problem was  sort of DWTL and his dictatorship it should be good now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 12:28:54 AM »

He has to start somewhere you know Marokai. And that is what he is doing. And since The problem was  sort of DWTL and his dictatorship it should be good now.

I know that, but this is typical Duke. All talk and no action, and grand ideas around the time they're convenient. He engaged in business as usual before he took over, came into power by business as usual, after he took over he engaged in business as usual. Now his power is threatened and it's suddenly "Wait wait, please don't go, I'll reform, I swear!"
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »

I know that, but this is typical Duke. All talk and no action, and grand ideas around the time they're convenient. He engaged in business as usual before he took over, came into power by business as usual, after he took over he engaged in business as usual. Now his power is threatened and it's suddenly "Wait wait, please don't go, I'll reform, I swear!"
He was not like that at all. I begged him not to let the RPP die. So don't peg him for that. It was all me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 12:33:09 AM »

If you were serious about reforming the party you would've asked for a Chairman vote before you were just hand-picked for the position.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't have criticized other party member(s) before you got the job.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't have criticized the JCP the night you take over.

If you were serious about reforming the party you wouldn't conduct your business in secret and would've wanted all of this done transparently.

1. I suggested that as all of this went down. There will be a confirmation vote upcoming. We are just beginning.

2. I never outright criticized other party members. I criticized their actions during the election.

3. When did I criticize the JCP the night I took over other than to point out you, like the RPP, have a boss that you all follow?

4. I haven't conducted any business in secret. I have openly asked members to come to me with questions or concerns, neither of which happened before this whole episode (well, I received one but since it wasn't immediately enacted tonight, that party decided to leave).

I'm not getting into these petty arguments with you right now. The RPP is in a state of limbo, and we will begin the healing process. You are welcome to lambast us in your little journal (which I'm sure you will) during the process. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »

You obviously have no idea how any of this went down, so I'll let it slide..... that account is woefully inaccurate though. It's kind of unfair to claim I am all talk and no action when I've been on the job for a little over a day. I wasn't planning on DWTL stepping down. It came as sort of a shock and a surprise.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »

I think the business conducted in secret probably refers to the secret forum. Along those lines, we could make a point of discussing all issues that do not need to be kept secret on the regular forum & reserve the secret forum for matters of the greatest sensitivity.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:42:21 AM »

1. I suggested that as all of this went down. There will be a confirmation vote upcoming. We are just beginning.

Of course, now. As if you'll be voted out. Please.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Semantics. You criticized Vepres for not being a soldier.

That's incredibly DWTL-esque speak, if anyone's read DWTL's posts trying to weasel out of his Matthew Shepard comments.

You did not say "Bgwah is a boss you follow." That's such an obvious statement only someone with an IQ rivaling Forrest Gump would feel the need to say out loud. You said:

As for the JCP guys talking about transparency, it's, well, a complete joke. They answer to bgwah just as much as we answered to DWTL...

Insinuating A: That Bgwah whips party members into shape in similar DWTL fashion, as I believe another party member stated in the same thread (hence you saying something about it in the first place) and B: That the JCP isn't transparent, attacking our party procedures for no apparent reason. (Especially given our members breaking ranks and our convention vote.)

You guys conduct all sensitive party business on a secret forum that no one else can access and you came to power by some funky maneuvering to make sure DWTL appointed exactly who he wanted to the position without anything getting in the way. That is neither reformist, new, or transparent. It is secretive and dictatorial, and you followed suit.

You obviously have no idea how any of this went down, so I'll let it slide..... that account is woefully inaccurate though. It's kind of unfair to claim I am all talk and no action when I've been on the job for a little over a day. I wasn't planning on DWTL stepping down. It came as sort of a shock and a surprise.

All I know is what we all here know about the RPP, what you've done, and what members have told me personally. Hell, an hour before YesNoMaybeSo came scurrying back to the RPP, he sent me a PM explaining his anger with the RPP and why he got tired of it and left.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 12:51:53 AM »

All I know is what we all here know about the RPP, what you've done, and what members have told me personally. Hell, an hour before YesNoMaybeSo came scurrying back to the RPP, he sent me a PM explaining his anger with the RPP and why he got tired of it and left.
OH my gosh. He wanted to go back. not a big deal. If you have a problem you go around it. not run away from it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 12:53:01 AM »

Dare I ask why you're apparently so heavily invested in this?
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 12:53:43 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2009, 12:59:13 AM by Anna Sherbinina »

who me?

His eyes light up when he talks about the RPP. He should not just leave something he knows he adores.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 12:54:02 AM »

Dare I ask why you're apparently so heavily invested in this?

She's heavily invested in everything.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 05:53:43 AM »

Marokai. This was not some kind of secret back room deal. You don't know ANYTHING about what triggered this event. Please just keep your big mouth shut. All of this stems from a private facebook conversation.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »

Marokai. This was not some kind of secret back room deal. You don't know ANYTHING about what triggered this event. Please just keep your big mouth shut. All of this stems from a private facebook conversation.

Yeah, except the people who mentioned the RPP board and DWTL so nicely summarizing the funky not-at-all-suspicious political maneuvering.

Do you guys, like, just do whatever you want? Or do you follow the bylaws?
We follow the bylaws, technically PiT resigned as vice-chair, I appointed Duke, then resigned, then Duke re-appointed PiT upon assuming the chair.  He then created a new position, which could be contested at the next convention.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »

2. I never outright criticized other party members. I criticized their actions during the election.

3. When did I criticize the JCP the night I took over other than to point out you, like the RPP, have a boss that you all follow?

4. I haven't conducted any business in secret. I have openly asked members to come to me with questions or concerns, neither of which happened before this whole episode (well, I received one but since it wasn't immediately enacted tonight, that party decided to leave).

I'm not getting into these petty arguments with you right now. The RPP is in a state of limbo, and we will begin the healing process. You are welcome to lambast us in your little journal (which I'm sure you will) during the process. Smiley

I understand, on good authority that prior to the election you spent a considerable amount of energy on how terrible I was and how I had to be brought down. Can you comment upon this?

I have spent most of the past year having to watch my back and deal with the RPP indirectly through individual members. I need to know what, if anything has changed.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 08:54:05 AM »

I have spent most of the past year having to watch my back and deal with the RPP indirectly through individual members. I need to know what, if anything has changed.
I wonder why, this is so surprising that would badmouth our party at every turn and then wonder why the party doesn't support you.

Anyway, its called a compromise people.  I gave up my chairmanship to see what effects it would have, but I wasn't turning over temporary power until a vote could be held to just anyone.  I wanted to make srue that it was the person I trust most in this game to carry out the mission of the RPP.  No one cares about the RPP other than myself more than Duke does.

The funny part, the RPP really needed me as chair more now than ever.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 10:34:06 AM »

I understand, on good authority that prior to the election you spent a considerable amount of energy on how terrible I was and how I had to be brought down. Can you comment upon this?

I sure can. I am not sure if the party you are in contact with is confusing me with DWTL, but I have never created any sort of hit list against members. I even voted for you for Vice President a while back, so why you are under the impression that I was ranting against you behind the scenes in the last election is a bit confusing to me. I don't believe I mentioned your name at all. I don't appreciate people spreading lies about me, if that is the case.

First of all, many people can attest to the fact that I was hardly involved with the past senate campaign other than my last minute write-in deal. I never made any decisions on who we were running, nor did I know what exactly our strategy was. In fact, you can ask many of your own party members whom I have very healthy relationships with, and they will tell you I wish to do no harm to any other parties. SO whoever claimed I was ranting about defeating you prior to the elections is trying their damnedest to kiss up to you for something rather than being genuine about it. That is pretty low, I believe.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:36:10 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2009, 12:38:15 PM by afleitch »

Thank you for your reply. Though as you can see, having a private board can bring up communication problems and generate 'whispers.'
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies