The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:22:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170259 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: October 17, 2019, 07:51:08 PM »

But that was when they entered the decedent's home out of pure error off the job. This was a shooting while in the course of duties, where there was apparently a gun present, and the shooting may have been from outside the house from what I read.

It's going to be large hurdles to charge let alone convect, this cop
For context the "gun present" was sitting stored away elsewhere in the house and was not in the hand of the person shot.

1) liberating or defending the cops actions here, you goober. I was merely noting it's going to be a difficult case.

2) truly mystified how you saw this, even if you disagree, is somehow an ignorant Etc post.

3) feel the need to listen to someone Yammer on in self-absorbed narratives about his Hipster Church, dude Fest, a foot fetish, Etc you'll be the first "expert" I call. Considering I've practice criminal law for 25 years now, maybe you might just want to sit in the corner and play with your yo-yo while the grown-ups talk.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1326 on: October 17, 2019, 07:55:23 PM »

But that was when they entered the decedent's home out of pure error off the job. This was a shooting while in the course of duties, where there was apparently a gun present, and the shooting may have been from outside the house from what I read.

For context the "gun present" was sitting stored away elsewhere in the house and was not in the hand of the person shot.

1) liberating or defending the cops actions here, you goober. I was merely noting it's going to be a difficult case.

2) truly mystified how you saw this, even if you disagree, is somehow an ignorant Etc post.

3) feel the need to listen to someone Yammer on in self-absorbed narratives about his Hipster Church, dude Fest, a foot fetish, Etc you'll be the first "expert" I call. Considering I've practice criminal law for 25 years now, maybe you might just want to sit in the corner and play with your yo-yo while the grown-ups talk.
The cop was arrested and charged. The post is already disproved.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1327 on: October 17, 2019, 08:11:33 PM »

The cop was arrested and charged. The post is already disproved.

Gee, you got me. Lord knows it's so common for Texas prosecutors to aggressively go after cops who shoot people in the line of duty. What could I have been thinking? Roll Eyes
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1328 on: October 18, 2019, 07:21:50 AM »

I agree, but only if you say by 1938. Although i think it was clear what would happen than, so still in doubt. With hindsight, it's unjustified to make a clear judge, they're were the three most evil powerful men in the world together with the Red Khmer.

I believe however that Hitler was so blinded by his own ideals, that he never truly believed that he was doing something evil. The guy was so disturbed and distortioned in his views that he never ever realized what he was doing. Stalin had pleasure in killing people and was way smarter or should i say careful and therefore more dangerous. Although Hitler was so deranged that he had no control over what he was doing, and that he would nuke the entire Earth if he could. For him, it was all about him, his ideals and the German people. Ultranationalism at it's worst.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1329 on: October 18, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »

I agree, but only if you say by 1938. Although i think it was clear what would happen than, so still in doubt. With hindsight, it's unjustified to make a clear judge, they're were the three most evil powerful men in the world together with the Red Khmer.

I believe however that Hitler was so blinded by his own ideals, that he never truly believed that he was doing something evil. The guy was so disturbed and distortioned in his views that he never ever realized what he was doing. Stalin had pleasure in killing people and was way smarter or should i say careful and therefore more dangerous. Although Hitler was so deranged that he had no control over what he was doing, and that he would nuke the entire Earth if he could. For him, it was all about him, his ideals and the German people. Ultranationalism at it's worst.

Dude there is nothing wrong with this post. I still stand by it.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1330 on: October 18, 2019, 02:16:41 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2019, 02:22:53 PM by Politician »

Why have we not banned this clown yet?

Clearly IA couldn’t possibly vote to the right of OH even though it happened in 2016 and Trump’s polling better here than in OH.

Likely R.

This is most likely a Democratic polling high point in both of these states unless the economy crashes. It doesn’t seem like pollsters have learned much from their polling misses in the Midwest in 2014/2016/2018
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1331 on: October 18, 2019, 02:31:42 PM »

It seems the clown goes one step further and not only claims I said things I never did, literally mixes up time in order to prove his false point:

I don't know what drugs you're on, but polls this far out in 2018 showed Reynolds ahead by 5+ points and DeWine winning in OH. Also, they showed Sherrod Brown losing his seat and Blum and Young getting re-elected.

But I get intelligence is not your strong suit.

Oh hi Politician! It seems you’ve awoken after being KO’d by your horribly wrong analysis on LA. #trendsarereal

I unlike you remember those Finkenauer +17, Hubble +3, Cordray +5, Brown+17 polls
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1332 on: October 18, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »

That’s not a bad post, that’s literally what happened.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1333 on: October 18, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »

Dude there is nothing wrong with this post. I still stand by it.
The idea that Hitler is just simply a 'deranged' aberration and doesn't represent the ultimate culmination of extremist nationalist, anti Semitic thought that had been prevalent in Germany post was is terrible historical analysis.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1334 on: October 18, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »

Fox News viewers already think sexual assault is a positive thing. This will not be changing their minds.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1335 on: October 19, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »

In 1996, Bill Clinton won WV by 15%. In 2000, Bush won it by 6%-a 21 percentage point swing. In 2000, West Virginia had the perfect demographics for a shift toward the GOP-rural, socially conservative state, low minority population and lots of working class whites.
Kansas 2020 has a favorable trend for Democrats-it is the most educated state Trump won, has a very wealthy, educated suburban population (Johnson County, 26% of the state), and a rapidly growing minority population in Southwestern Kansas. Meanwhile, all of the rural parts of the state are maxed out for the GOP, and those areas are dying off. While I don’t see it flipping in 2020, would you agree with the premise? And if not-explain your reasoning.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1336 on: October 19, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »

In 1996, Bill Clinton won WV by 15%. In 2000, Bush won it by 6%-a 21 percentage point swing. In 2000, West Virginia had the perfect demographics for a shift toward the GOP-rural, socially conservative state, low minority population and lots of working class whites.
Kansas 2020 has a favorable trend for Democrats-it is the most educated state Trump won, has a very wealthy, educated suburban population (Johnson County, 26% of the state), and a rapidly growing minority population in Southwestern Kansas. Meanwhile, all of the rural parts of the state are maxed out for the GOP, and those areas are dying off. While I don’t see it flipping in 2020, would you agree with the premise? And if not-explain your reasoning.
Fox News viewers already think sexual assault is a positive thing. This will not be changing their minds.

Simple truths thread that way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1337 on: October 19, 2019, 03:01:21 PM »

If the President of the United States refuses to step down for breaking the law, then why should a member of Congress step down for doing nothing illegal?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1338 on: October 19, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »

Context:

I think we'd be having a much more productive conversation here if the red avs toned down their hyperbole from an 11 to at least a 10.

When I'm told that someone is a "rape apologist," I'm reminded of a guy I knew in high school. This guy was a greasy-haired, acne-ridden ogre who absolutely hated women (the feeling was mutual) and brown people. He believed that women were less intelligent than men, that they lacked the capacity for introspection, and that a wife should basically be a husband's property. He thought that all rape should be legal on private property, and that marital rape should be legal in any context whatsoever. I eventually went to my guidance counselor about it, but he never really faced any disciplinary action and ended up going to Chico State. He remains one of the worst people I've ever met.

You may not like what Mortimer said. I agree that it's unbecoming of an Atlas poster, and that it lacks nuance. But he's clearly trying to draw a distinction between cases of violent rape and stuff like mattress girl. That's not "rape apology." That's a delineation that is worth discussing.

Why is it worth discussing, you ask? Because in cases of violent rape, or someone being molested as a child, the victim has very little power over the situation and has no course of action that will help her. Women are physically weaker than men, and children are often not in a position to seek help if they're being abused by a caregiver. But cases where a girl gets drunk at a frat party, goes upstairs with a guy, and wakes up the next morning regretting it are inherently more preventable than those other two situations. Telling women that they're victims and that they have no power over whether or not they get raped is not a positive message. It puts their well-being entirely in the hands of men, which I thought was antithetical to feminism.

This isn't "victim-blaming." Yes, women should have the right to dress and behave and drink however they want at a party without the fear of being raped. And I should have the right to walk down a street in Tijuana without being mugged. And Syrians should have the right to go about their business without worrying about a bomb dropping on their homes. We can spend all day talking about the rights we "should" have, but that's not going to change the reality that their are certain dangers out there, and people should be educated on how to avoid putting themselves in dangerous situations.

To take this position-- which, in my mind, is perfectly worthy of reasonable discussion-- and say that it amounts to "rape apology" is to compare it to that ogre from my high school. I don't think it's a fair equivalency to draw. And again, I don't like a lot of the things that Mortimer said... but some of them sound awfully similar to things my own mother has said about the #MeToo movement, and she calls herself a feminist, a Democrat, and all the other nice labels that Atlas likes.

-----

The same applies to the trans argument. Has anyone here said that transgender people don't exist? Has anyone argued that they should be killed, or that they should be second-class citizens? Not that I've seen. Yes, there are people who think that gender is the same as biological sex, and that biological sex can't be changed-- but I don't understand why that's a bannable offense, or why that's equivalent to saying that transgender people should be slaughtered en masse.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1339 on: October 19, 2019, 06:17:39 PM »

Not surprised she’s a creepy degenerate. Won’t matter for her re-elect chances though because her district would vote now for a corpse if the democrats ran one, all because Orange Man Says Mean Things.

That's interesting considering your state almost sent a racist pedophile to the senate just because he had an R next to his name.

And we should have! Pedophiles are way, way better than democrats -- hear me out. Almost all democrats (~90%) want to kill children, but some pedophiles do not. So it's rather hypocritical for dems to criticize pedophiles, as plenty of those folks are less dangerous to children than democrats. They have no moral high ground when it comes to this.

And Moore, to my knowledge, is not a racist. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1340 on: October 20, 2019, 01:08:46 AM »

Good. Corporations bowing to the Chinese just because of their large market is disgusting. We already see it in the movie industry with the exclusion of LGBT characters because of the Chinese government's sensors.

You had me until the last part. China does get some things right.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1341 on: October 20, 2019, 01:35:28 AM »

Context:

I think we'd be having a much more productive conversation here if the red avs toned down their hyperbole from an 11 to at least a 10.

When I'm told that someone is a "rape apologist," I'm reminded of a guy I knew in high school. This guy was a greasy-haired, acne-ridden ogre who absolutely hated women (the feeling was mutual) and brown people. He believed that women were less intelligent than men, that they lacked the capacity for introspection, and that a wife should basically be a husband's property. He thought that all rape should be legal on private property, and that marital rape should be legal in any context whatsoever. I eventually went to my guidance counselor about it, but he never really faced any disciplinary action and ended up going to Chico State. He remains one of the worst people I've ever met.

You may not like what Mortimer said. I agree that it's unbecoming of an Atlas poster, and that it lacks nuance. But he's clearly trying to draw a distinction between cases of violent rape and stuff like mattress girl. That's not "rape apology." That's a delineation that is worth discussing.

Why is it worth discussing, you ask? Because in cases of violent rape, or someone being molested as a child, the victim has very little power over the situation and has no course of action that will help her. Women are physically weaker than men, and children are often not in a position to seek help if they're being abused by a caregiver. But cases where a girl gets drunk at a frat party, goes upstairs with a guy, and wakes up the next morning regretting it are inherently more preventable than those other two situations. Telling women that they're victims and that they have no power over whether or not they get raped is not a positive message. It puts their well-being entirely in the hands of men, which I thought was antithetical to feminism.

This isn't "victim-blaming." Yes, women should have the right to dress and behave and drink however they want at a party without the fear of being raped. And I should have the right to walk down a street in Tijuana without being mugged. And Syrians should have the right to go about their business without worrying about a bomb dropping on their homes. We can spend all day talking about the rights we "should" have, but that's not going to change the reality that their are certain dangers out there, and people should be educated on how to avoid putting themselves in dangerous situations.

To take this position-- which, in my mind, is perfectly worthy of reasonable discussion-- and say that it amounts to "rape apology" is to compare it to that ogre from my high school. I don't think it's a fair equivalency to draw. And again, I don't like a lot of the things that Mortimer said... but some of them sound awfully similar to things my own mother has said about the #MeToo movement, and she calls herself a feminist, a Democrat, and all the other nice labels that Atlas likes.

-----

The same applies to the trans argument. Has anyone here said that transgender people don't exist? Has anyone argued that they should be killed, or that they should be second-class citizens? Not that I've seen. Yes, there are people who think that gender is the same as biological sex, and that biological sex can't be changed-- but I don't understand why that's a bannable offense, or why that's equivalent to saying that transgender people should be slaughtered en masse.

Remember when #Resistance Atlas applauded this guy because he disagreed with my post about how the term Bernie Bro was racist? **** was jokes.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1342 on: October 20, 2019, 04:10:44 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2019, 04:44:08 AM by Smiling John »

Confront me on the facts of my posts or admit that you have no argument. Also, I've written much more absurd things than that, but this is what you chose to post here?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1343 on: October 20, 2019, 06:24:05 AM »

Context:

-----

Remember when #Resistance Atlas applauded this guy because he disagreed with my post about how the term Bernie Bro was racist? **** was jokes.

Yeah, I actually do remember that lol
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1344 on: October 20, 2019, 07:50:51 AM »

The scandal will have zero impact. Incumbent democrats are virtually never hurt by scandals, unless enough momentum is builds up in their own party to off them (ala Franken). And even that strategy is often unsuccessful.
The media holds republicans to a standard (anything they say we don't agree with is evil/racist/fascist), but democrats are not held to any standard at all.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1345 on: October 20, 2019, 10:56:13 AM »

Adm. Samuel Locklear commanded operations in the entire Pacific and has said that climate change is his #1 concern for the future.  A political weakness is that he was in charge of the intervention in Libya, which was a huge military success but has suffered from a very successful international political smear campaign.

Lots of wacky stuff in  the entire post, from its thesis to the idea that Wesley Clark could be a viable VP choice in 2020, but the idea that a shambolic intervention that led to a completely wartorn failed state embroiled in a proxy war between about twenty foreign powers that also led to the collapse of a neighbouring democratic government would be seen as a success without evil smear artists is ... something. About the best thing you can say about the Obama administration's role is more blame could be levied to the vain governments of France and the UK, eager to project their military abroad and ask the daddy US to help.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1346 on: October 21, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »

They exist on Atlas, just as they do in Germany....

The Strasser Brothers in Germany are one of the few saving graces for an excuse from Neo-Nazi and Fascist Political Formations within post-reunified Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasserism

We have similar Fascist and Neo-Nazi Formations on Atlas that posit arguments as part of "Freedom of Speech", while meanwhile they are chilling within the forces of the "Dark Web".

How many folks memories are so recent to forget the history of the these Fascist forces, even within Atlas Forum?

How many perma-bans were caused by the hate speech of these young Fascist Youth?

They attempted to infiltrate our Forum, and subvert it for their own interests and need to be pushed back to the Seas, just like the the successful allied Military Actions in WW II, where my Grandfather fought against the NAZIs at the Battle of the Bulge.

No retreat, no surrender.

Nazis raus!!!

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »

I like Nova Green, but these Antifa types who want to relive their grandparents war exploits are pathetic. Not necessarily him, but that type in general. Fighting “Nazis” on Atlas is like this generations Battle of the Bulge. Yeah ok.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1348 on: October 21, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »

I like Nova Green, but these Antifa types who want to relive their grandparents war exploits are pathetic. Not necessarily him, but that type in general. Fighting “Nazis” on Atlas is like this generations Battle of the Bulge. Yeah ok.

Meh, I just want to skip to the Nuremberg Trials part (for which I've already promised you "luxurious" accommodations).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1349 on: October 21, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

Meh, I just want to skip to the Nuremberg Trials part (for which I've already promised you "luxurious" accommodations).
Just be sure to get the smell of Newports from the previous occupant out of the cell before you lock me up.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies