Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:37:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146016 times)
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »

Lots of reasons to be skeptical, for sure. But I still think it should be investigated to the extent possible, and neither completely dismissed or touted as fact until we learn more. (Of course, these things are almost never "proven," so an inability to prove it hardly means it didn't happen. Only so much you can do, after all.) I just think it's best to not speak about these things in absolute terms when there is obviously no way that anyone can truly know for sure and we still have limited information.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »

Lots of reasons to be skeptical, for sure. But I still think it should be investigated to the extent possible, and neither completely dismissed or touted as fact until we learn more. (Of course, these things are almost never "proven," so an inability to prove it hardly means it didn't happen. Only so much you can do, after all.) I just think it's best to not speak about these things in absolute terms when there is obviously no way that anyone can truly know for sure and we still have limited information.

What would that investigation even look like?  This isn't like the Blasey Ford thing where she left an extensive trail of evidence demonstrating how this event had been impacting her for her entire life.  She had documented conversations with her therapist, with friends and family, the changes to her home layout, and there was evidence that Kavanaugh was lying about the party and the people involved.

With this, it's just "Biden raped me in a DC alleyway" and that's it.  People just want her to take a lie detector test, which is notoriously random, so that if it says she's not lying they can use that as a weapon.

I have no idea, of course, but I just don't think it should be completely shot down outright. Perhaps there's more to look at, or perhaps there isn't. I don't know how you could know what her conversations with her friends or family or medical professionals might have been.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies