Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:11:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 97
Author Topic: Tara Reade Biden allegation megathread  (Read 146030 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles.

I may merge this with the original thread later on, which of course was also editorialized.

Seems to me that with a Bernie logo in your profile that your judgment might not be so unbiased when it comes to this.

Are you seriously f**king stooping so low as to accuse YE of having an evil motive in trying to appear objective? Jesus christ, get a hold of yourself & grow up.

It's just a message board. Remember that it's really not that serious.

No one stands out in particular but can you guys tone it down a bit and not resort to the same sides arguing? Very tempting to lock. I’ve removed “false” from the title as I’m not aware of clear evidence that it is false (even if in all likelihood it is); please do not editoralize titles.

I may merge this with the original thread later on, which of course was also editorialized.

Seems to me that with a Bernie logo in your profile that your judgment might not be so unbiased when it comes to this.

Right, the guy who voted for Warren is a closet Bernie supporter who believes the rape allegations that he's already said are false.

Are you even listening to yourself, Republican?

I didn't know that and was going by the Sanders logo. You can call me all the names you want, but it won't get Bernie the nomination.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 05:17:23 PM »

Lots of reasons to be skeptical, for sure. But I still think it should be investigated to the extent possible, and neither completely dismissed or touted as fact until we learn more. (Of course, these things are almost never "proven," so an inability to prove it hardly means it didn't happen. Only so much you can do, after all.) I just think it's best to not speak about these things in absolute terms when there is obviously no way that anyone can truly know for sure and we still have limited information.

What would that investigation even look like?  This isn't like the Blasey Ford thing where she left an extensive trail of evidence demonstrating how this event had been impacting her for her entire life.  She had documented conversations with her therapist, with friends and family, the changes to her home layout, and there was evidence that Kavanaugh was lying about the party and the people involved.

With this, it's just "Biden raped me in a DC alleyway" and that's it.  People just want her to take a lie detector test, which is notoriously random, so that if it says she's not lying they can use that as a weapon.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 05:19:23 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 05:22:39 PM by It's just good business. »

Right, the guy who voted for Warren is a closet Bernie supporter who believes the rape allegations that he's already said are false.

Are you even listening to yourself, Republican?

I didn't know that and was going by the Sanders logo. You can call me all the names you want, but it won't get Bernie the nomination.

I'm not calling you names. I'm assigning a label based on your actions in the past.

And your actions make you no different from a #MAGA.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 05:21:33 PM »

Lots of reasons to be skeptical, for sure. But I still think it should be investigated to the extent possible, and neither completely dismissed or touted as fact until we learn more. (Of course, these things are almost never "proven," so an inability to prove it hardly means it didn't happen. Only so much you can do, after all.) I just think it's best to not speak about these things in absolute terms when there is obviously no way that anyone can truly know for sure and we still have limited information.

What would that investigation even look like?  This isn't like the Blasey Ford thing where she left an extensive trail of evidence demonstrating how this event had been impacting her for her entire life.  She had documented conversations with her therapist, with friends and family, the changes to her home layout, and there was evidence that Kavanaugh was lying about the party and the people involved.

With this, it's just "Biden raped me in a DC alleyway" and that's it.  People just want her to take a lie detector test, which is notoriously random, so that if it says she's not lying they can use that as a weapon.

I have no idea, of course, but I just don't think it should be completely shot down outright. Perhaps there's more to look at, or perhaps there isn't. I don't know how you could know what her conversations with her friends or family or medical professionals might have been.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 05:24:01 PM »

Are you seriously f**king stooping so low as to accuse YE of having an evil motive in trying to appear objective? Jesus christ, get a hold of yourself & grow up.

It's just a message board. Remember that it's really not that serious.

You sure made it seem like it was serious. Here on Atlas Talk Elections, we care about our community. Please treat our mods with respect.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

I have no idea, of course, but I just don't think it should be completely shot down outright. Perhaps there's more to look at, or perhaps there isn't. I don't know how you could know what her conversations with her friends or family or medical professionals might have been.

The bizarre things she said about Putin and the fact that she was using a pro-Sanders hashtag while tweeting about the allegation say volumes. Victims don't go that blatantly political.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »

There's a reason mainstream outlets and respected journalists are not touching this. It's probably because they already have done some research and know there's nothing there, instead of baselessly posting it like Intercept did.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:30 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 10:48:27 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

Has even TYT mentioned this story?  Does anyone know?

Never mind -just found it:

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2020, 12:17:02 AM »

I've avoided merely mentioning this story to family and friends. This story deserves to be choked off and deprived of oxygen.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 12:51:16 AM »

I hate Krystal Ball with a passion.
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2020, 03:07:59 AM »

Not just her, the entire online progressive media community are just god awful trash people (with the exception of David Pakman)
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2020, 03:30:28 AM »

#TimesUpBiden is trending on twitter
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 03:42:30 AM »

#TimesUpBiden is trending on twitter

It's morning in Russia.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 04:07:53 AM »

Not just her, the entire online progressive media community are just god awful trash people (with the exception of David Pakman)
Pakman really does seem like the only reasonable one at the moment, but I still maintain that Krystal Ball is particularly malicious.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 04:14:54 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 05:03:10 AM by It's just good business. »

*vile, disgusting wish that I'm going to delete

Ladies and gentlemen, there's a new low every day. Get this trash out of our forum.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 04:26:44 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 05:04:34 AM by Intell »

*vile, disgusting wish that I'm going to delete soon*

Ladies and gentlemen, there's a new low every day. Get this trash out of our forum.

Ok to accuse Biden though ok.

EDIT: I didn't obviously mean the wish literally.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 05:06:16 AM »

I've already said I don't believe the accusations against him. My thoughts on this are readily available, but you knew that the moment you came into the thread.

It's very simple. You know what you just wished was a deplorable, indefensible thing to wish on someone, so you've decided to blatantly lie about my positions.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 05:59:49 AM »

I've already said I don't believe the accusations against him. My thoughts on this are readily available, but you knew that the moment you came into the thread.

It's very simple. You know what you just wished was a deplorable, indefensible thing to wish on someone, so you've decided to blatantly lie about my positions.

Ok,jeez, I obviously didn't mean that Sanders should get false sexual assault accusations against him. I meant someone should accuse Sanders of sexual assault and we'd see if progressive media would treat it the same despicable way they're treating it against Biden, and then they'd have to hang their heads in their stupidity/shame.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 06:10:39 AM »

Folks need to stop taking the whole "Believe women" thing out of context.

The context is, prior to #MeToo, when women would go to police officers or their HR department or their friends/family and talk about being sexually harassed or assaulted or raped, they would get laughed off or blamed or ignored.

The point was, hey authority figures, stop doing that, treat these claims seriously.  It's your job.  Do a rape kit test, investigate if the claim is credible, and if it is then pursue action.

The point was not, hey voters, this rando crazy person says Joe Biden raped her, now you have to believe it.

What makes this person a "rando crazy" person?  Because she accused Biden?  

What context is "Believe the women!" stated in?  What is the criteria to NOT believe some women?  

I've never been for a "Believe the women!" standard in the context that it's presented by #MeToo and the like.  Certainly, such allegations should be heard and taken seriously.  Certainly, the initial premise should NOT be that those making such allegations are simply lying.  (Although some ARE lying; that does need to be honestly acknowledged.)  Each allegation should be taken on its own merits and given a fair hearing, and victims ought but I'm OK with skepticism toward allegations which are (A) made long after the fact, and/or (B) are made in a civil arena when the alleged act was a criminal violation.  Each allegation has its own level of credibility, and just believing accusers and assigning guilt to accusers is wrong.  But it's a product of the #MeToo movement and of "Believe the women!" sentiment.  It's not a substitute for fairness, timely reporting, and impartial investigation.  It's just not.  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 06:16:21 AM »

The fact that she is?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 06:19:55 AM »

Good to know you "Believe Victims".

Or does your standard on this vary depending on who's being accused?

#MeToo has opened this can of worms, and opportunistic politicians have ran with it.  This sort of thing is what happens.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2020, 06:25:33 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 10:31:49 AM by YE »

Good to know you "Believe Victims".

Or does your standard on this vary depending on who's being accused?

#MeToo has opened this can of worms, and opportunistic politicians have ran with it.  This sort of thing is what happens.

It's been mentioned multiple times in this very thread why this person lacks credibility, so please stop feigning ignorance.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2020, 06:27:29 AM »

Yeah, these are probably bunk.  But after UVA, Duke LaCrosse, Emma "mattress girl" and Kavanaugh, I don't really care.  

People who light the prairie on fire are shocked when it comes for their house.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2020, 11:07:10 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2020, 11:14:52 AM by Hindsight is 2020 »

His replies are absolute cancer. Rose Twitter has really sunk to a new low
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2020, 02:31:06 PM »

His replies are absolute cancer. Rose Twitter has really sunk to a new low

To be honest, I'm shocked he's even giving this the light of day.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies