Electoral map if the Constitution Party and Green Party were the two major parties?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:38:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Electoral map if the Constitution Party and Green Party were the two major parties?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Electoral map if the Constitution Party and Green Party were the two major parties?  (Read 352 times)
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2024, 10:25:26 PM »

In a alternative universe, let's say we have a scenario where the two major political parties are the Consitution Party and the Green Party. How different would the coalitions be from the Republican/Democratic parties of today?

I omitted the Libertarian Party as a option, due to the social stance not fitting the majority of Republican voters, while the Constitution Party ID staunchly social conservative.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 10:31:43 PM »

The only states I can see flipping in this scenario are Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire to the Cs. The former two are Dem states, but tend to lean pretty strongly moderate and might wind up choosing the far-right over the far-left. And New Hampshire has a weird streak.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 10:53:29 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 12:59:31 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

I've thought about this scenario and if the progressives had their way, we might see a party system similar to the current one iotl. I'd imagine that suburbanites would trend more "R", but would be cancelled out by more Dem-leaning WWC voters, although neither group is a monolith, so it's harder to tell.  I think such a realignment would lead to a 2012 type system with a solidly GOP IA+OH+FL.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 10:55:53 PM »

The only states I can see flipping in this scenario are Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire to the Cs. The former two are Dem states, but tend to lean pretty strongly moderate and might wind up choosing the far-right over the far-left. And New Hampshire has a weird streak.
Virginia may make sense as I doubt many of the more moderate hero types in NOVA would approve of a party that essentially wants to  abolish the military. But Colorado and New Hampshire are more libertarian leaning and I know that New Hampshire is a socially liberal state so I'd think they'd stay with the Greens.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 11:04:41 PM »

Virginia may make sense as I doubt many of the more moderate hero types in NOVA would approve of a party that essentially wants to  abolish the military. But Colorado and New Hampshire are more libertarian leaning and I know that New Hampshire is a socially liberal state so I'd think they'd stay with the Greens.

New Hampshire is too socially liberal to become a Constitution Party hub. Colorado at least got pockets of major social conservative spots to make it a real battleground state in this hypothetical scenario. Virginia would swing Constitution just for the Greens not having many voters that would get their platform, though I see the problem arising electorally beyond the NOVA suburbs than inside the burbs.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 11:18:28 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2024, 11:23:13 PM by wnwnwn »

Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 11:21:23 PM »

New Mexico could be a swing state, but I imagine that immigration would sway enough moderate voters to keep it a Green stronghold. I think that immigration would play a role in keeping ME-2 a swing district as well.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2024, 11:26:04 PM »

I've thought about this scenario and if the progressives had their way, we might see a party system similar to this.
No because the Green Party are just complete kooks, not progressives. They believe in anti-vax and anti-science craziness and note how not a single Democrat in Congress including the squad voted against Ukraine aid. The Green Party meanwhile believes that Ukraine is a Nazi-ran state.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 11:30:00 PM »

Quote from: Vice President Christian Man link=topic=Keep in mind591743.msg9474697#msg9474697 date=1715140409 uid=30720
I've thought about this scenario and if the progressives had their way, we might see a party system similar to this.
No because the Green Party are just complete kooks, not progressives. They believe in anti-vax and anti-science craziness and note how not a single Democrat in Congress including the squad voted against Ukraine aid. The Green Party meanwhile believes that Ukraine is a Nazi-ran state.
Keep in mind that the Constitution Party is similar on those issues so it would mainly come down to social and economics issues.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 11:35:50 PM »

If there's no Democratic party then who will be falsely accusing the Green party of being anti vax?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 03:01:23 AM »

A third party that isn’t run entirely by lunatics would win 400+ EV.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2024, 07:19:08 AM »

Quote from: Vice President Christian Man link=topic=Keep in mind591743.msg9474697#msg9474697 date=1715140409 uid=30720
Keep in mind that the Constitution Party is similar on those issues so it would mainly come down to social and economics issues.

There is a few overlap issues between the two parties. Both parties call for a more protectionist trade policy. The Constitution and Green have vastly different ideological aims that we will have a polarized elections based on their receptive party platforms.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2024, 12:51:29 PM »

Thinking about what would become of each party constituents if this were a scenario.

Constitution:

-Christians
-Boomers
-gun owners
-fiscal conservatives
-small business owners
-whites
-those making more than $100,000
-rural

Green:

-Black American community
-Gen Z
-environmentalists
-labor
-Latinos
-LGBT
-Millennials
--those making less than $35,000
-urban

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 12:54:16 PM »

Probably about the same. Cons might have a better shot in this scenario in places like Michigan, NH, and the western states like AZ, Colorado, Nevada. 
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 08:58:38 PM »

New Hampshire is too socially liberal to become a Constitution Party hub. Colorado at least got pockets of major social conservative spots to make it a real battleground state in this hypothetical scenario. Virginia would swing Constitution just for the Greens not having many voters that would get their platform, though I see the problem arising electorally beyond the NOVA suburbs than inside the burbs.

As a NH resident since 2017, it's UK Tory. It's socially liberal but anti-woke. The dominant swing voters are MA transplants from the 1990s and 2000s who almost uniformly voted R in MA state elections even if they split or were D in federal races.

The Greens are not socially liberal but for social "justice". That is urban, young, graduate culture, in a state which is based around small towns, families, and where the poor tend to be whites in fading mill towns, not underemployed college grads. It's also an extremely white state.

Really New Hampshire would be worse for the Greens than VA and CO as both have people who would vote for them. There is almost zero base for the Greens outside a few campuses in NH.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies