So I got my SAT scores back today... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:52:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I got my SAT scores back today... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I got my SAT scores back today...  (Read 5164 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: March 29, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

I did the US History and...English Literature subject tests, IIRC.  The tests are pretty heavily curved: I got an 800 on US History subject test despite knowing that I missed two questions on it (One of which I still remember: "Who was the author of Silent Spring?"

That was quite some time ago.  I remember thinking that the AP exams were far more difficult, but due to only needing to be in the top 20% of one to get a 5, it was a lot easier to get the needed score.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »

I took it a few years back and got a 2030 after bombing the essay portion. I thought it was good, but you guys put me to shame. Tongue It doesn't really matter anymore though; now I'm focused on the GRE.

Note of advice on the GRE: as a computerized test, and as a test that "learns" and matches its performance to yours, there's an easy way to tell how you're doing as you go.  If the questions are ridiculous and impossibly difficult featuring obscure Greek words, you're doing excellently, even if you don't know the answers.  If it's asking you about dogs and cats, you might as well give up and walk out.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

A bit of advice for you Mikky, if you decide to take the GRE again: the Boykin Spaniel is the State Dog of South Carolina.

Cheesy

In all seriousness, I did quite well, better than I was expecting, even.  The GRE's math portion is basically the same as the SAT's, or I would've done much worse, seeing as I hadn't taken any math since high school.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies