So I got my SAT scores back today... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So I got my SAT scores back today... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So I got my SAT scores back today...  (Read 5159 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: March 29, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »

By all means, take the SAT until you get a score that you like. The College Board encourages it because they like making money, and colleges assume that you've taken the SAT multiple times, which is why they ask you to provide your best score.

I took World History, US History and Math II. The first two shouldn't be too hard considering that you post here and seem to know what you're talking about; the curve is pretty generous for both. I got 800 on each of them. On Math II, I got a 740, whereas all my friends got 800. It's not easier or harder than the Math section of the regular SAT; it just involves more advanced math.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »

All my friends are Asian, so half of them have taken the test half a dozen times. I think I'm the only person I know who only took it once.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

Do schools really look at the SAT anymore?  When I was applying, the ACT was mandatory, but the SAT was optional.  I'd suggest taking the ACT (which I did better on) and not reporting the SAT, unless the schools require it / you do worse on the ACT.  None of the schools I applied to required the SAT, but it may be different in the south (although I don't think University of Oklahoma required it).  What schools are you looking at?

You're in the Midwest, where everyone takes the ACT. Things are different elsewhere. There's no real difference between the two tests.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:37 PM »

Do schools really look at the SAT anymore?  When I was applying, the ACT was mandatory, but the SAT was optional.  I'd suggest taking the ACT (which I did better on) and not reporting the SAT, unless the schools require it / you do worse on the ACT.  None of the schools I applied to required the SAT, but it may be different in the south (although I don't think University of Oklahoma required it).  What schools are you looking at?

You're in the Midwest, where everyone takes the ACT. Things are different elsewhere. There's no real difference between the two tests.

Like I said - I didn't just apply to the Midwest.  I'm not sure what different regions want, but I applied all over (other than the west/southwest).

I've never heard of any school requiring the ACT. I know that Chicago and Northwestern and Illinois and Purdue and Michigan don't, because I've had plenty of friends apply to those places.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 01:31:56 AM »

I got an 8 on my essay, which was more than a little bit disappointing. It probably dragged my score down something like fifty points.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »

Oh, if we're posting SAT scores, I got 800/780/730 (CR/M/W).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies