Election 2000: Terrorist Attack on September 11, 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2000: Terrorist Attack on September 11, 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2000: Terrorist Attack on September 11, 2000  (Read 5329 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« on: December 05, 2010, 06:03:51 AM »

It would also be a flip flop for Gore. At one time Gore said that he wanted to distance himself from Clinton, and then suddenly he wanted to be with Clinton basically all the time.

It's the aftermath of a terrorist attack. I doubt anyone, would in this scenario think to themselves, when consealed in the polling booth: 'What a travesty! Gore didn't campaign with the President, and now he does. Who does he think he is? Warren Beatty? Let's vote for the other guy'. People's anxieties were heightened after 9/11 and remained very much so till Election Day 2004.

If Bush's popularity can increase to something ridiculous, in height of a national disaster such as 9/11 - then Clinton's would too. And Gore, as a result would ride his coattails.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2010, 07:02:27 PM by Robespierre's Jaw »

I don't mean to be rude or anything. But, it seems that you never have anything positive to say about any of my threads or single posts.

I was merely questioning your logic...again. Yes, Gore did want to distance himself from Clinton but in height of a 9/11esque terrorist attack, during the middle of the campaign Gore, as Vice President would emphasize national unity by campaigning with the President; but also his strengthen his foreign policy credentials. It's my belief that people would not think of campaign trivialities, but rather national security when confined in the voting booth - manifesting a Gore victory.

It is always a critique that I get from u.

Actually, it's not Smiley

Again, I can take criticism...lets just get that straight before u play that card. But, I just noticing a very consistent trend.

Cards? We all know I'm shithouse at cards. I've never been able to play well, and I doubt I ever will.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies