The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:29:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 12554 times)
Galaxie

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2018, 05:51:16 PM by Galaxie »

VOL. X | December, 1791

"Monarchic"

Our opposition has become no more than a mere echoing of "Monarchy!" in response to all that we do. Not only is it saddening the lack of creativity those of Whig, Republican, and "Patriot" affiliation have, but also in the childish simplicity of their mindsets.

It has been lobbied against us since the introduction of the National Bank Act -- an Act designed to manage our economy, create a stable currency, and alleviate our debts -- that us Hamiltonians are toeing a thinly veiled British line.

"The Bank is a British institution!" Is a rallying cry among these self-righteous Factions. Let's, however, take a closer look at our institutions to see where they actually come from.

The Assembly from which I serve you is merely a copy of the British Parliament with a new American name. If my opponents are so in-favour of shunning all British institutions, perhaps they'd like to abolish Parliament as well? I certainly don't see any calls for that. Our Parliament was adopted on this model simply because it is a model that works. We see that today in our functioning Democracy, and we will see that in the future. If another nation does something that works, is it a sin to call upon our United States to adopt it for our own security?

While my political opponents accuse me of treating the American people as a mindless lot, they certainly have not done any self-reflection lately. Their base, unfound, and flimsy lies are an affront to the intelligence of all politically engaged Americans, and are truly a stain upon the basis of this Democratic system.

This Bank, with democratically elected Directors from its Shareholders, the ability for the American people to buy stock and save money, and Federal oversight, is set up to be a tool for the nation and for the people. Cries of it being a self-serving cartel of the wealthy are misguided. The men who shall own this bank and run this bank are yourselves, the American people.

Yes, this bank will cost money to implement, but we as a Nation must make an investment into solving our financial crisis. Spending no money may make us deficit free, but it does not make us a functioning Nation. We must invest in our economy, our states, and our people to be a truly free and strong United States. Why my peers in our Assembly fear that will continue to be beyond me.

If you wish to see your Nation's -- and your personal -- supply of money grow, your states to be liberated of debt, and for your Nation to be secure, then stand in support of the American Bank.
Galaxie

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 11:03:03 PM »

VOL. XI | 1792

To Pennsylvania

To Pennsylvania, your decision tonight could not be more important. With the formation of our nation's first political parties, the true colors of our Factions have been shown in who we have chosen to associate ourselves with.

Do not be fooled by the Radical Whigs. Though the Radicals have chosen to disguise themselves in a more "acceptable" party banner, their message -- and the Whigs by extension -- remains the same as it was during the great Westsylvanian Crisis. A party wholly ruled by self-interest, let us never forget that the Radicals and their ilk let our state burn while they celebrated in luxury. The Whig party has become a mutant beast, both too arrogant to understand the needs of the people, and malicious enough to watch its nation burn without batting an eye.

The Hamiltonian Party, strongest in the Congress and Senate, remains the only reasonable choice for future-minded Pennsylvanians. Our politics are about growth and peace -- evidenced in our push, even as the opposition, to resolve the Westsylvania Crisis with pen, and acting with sword to create peace. It has also been shown in our unyielding support for our national military, which sees too many good man unpaid for their duties to our nation -- a cause that other parties have been reluctant to support. If they shall shun our national heroes, who can we entrust to protect our liberties?

The Hamiltonians have also emerged singular on the issue of finance -- an issue that every other party has been too weak to address. Though our ideas are bold, our crisis requires them. When no other party will act, the Hamiltonians have proven unmatched in our dedication to fighting for these United States, no matter how difficult the issue.

May you vote your conscience this election. May you vote for the future of these United States, and for these states of Pennsylvania and Westsylvania. May you vote for the Hamiltonians, and allow our nation to rise to greatness.
Galaxie

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »

VOL. XII | 1792

Federalists, Forward!

It is with great pleasure that I write to you this morning of a resounding Federalist victory in my home state of Pennsylvania. It appears our decision to only field four candidates was a modest one, as all of them were elected to our National Assembly! Let victories such as this remind you that the tone-deaf Whig-Radicals are supported only by themselves, and that as unfaltering as their attacks against our Party may be, it is only out of desperation that they make them.

I do come to you, however, with more disappointing news -- that of the rejection of our National Bank. When it became clear that it would not be a friendly act in the Congress of mainly anti-government forces, I urged my colleagues to propose alternatives, any solution that might be more friendly to resolving our national debts. None were offered. Gentlemen, we cannot fix this country's financial crisis alone, but it still appears as if we must. As long as other parties remain too weak-minded to introduce and pass financial reform, it is the Federalists that must still lead the way.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies