Clinton is for open borders and the welfare state. How is this sustainable? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:19:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton is for open borders and the welfare state. How is this sustainable? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton is for open borders and the welfare state. How is this sustainable?  (Read 524 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: July 30, 2016, 12:29:47 PM »

If a country brings in many low level immigrants, and then gives them more in benefits than they pay in taxes, how can this be sustainable longer term?

Somebody explain how this can be a benefit to the citizens of the USA.
If letting in tens of thousands of low income individuals and then later giving them free health care insurance, education, roads and other benefits, how is this not "taking" from other citizens of the USA who already live here? I'm all for high-skilled immigrants, but isn't this getting insane when politicians are willing to sell out the country for votes?
Oh boy...

1. Clinton does not support open borders
2. There's no welfare state in the US
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »

I like how the Hillary fans won't even respond to you, OP. They can't argue with the truth.

Hillary 100% supports open borders. 550% increase in "refugees" and full amnesty in 100 days. That's open borders and there's no way to ignore that. Disaster!

But we did or is your reading comprehension as bad as your reasoning?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »

I like how the Hillary fans won't even respond to you, OP. They can't argue with the truth.

Hillary 100% supports open borders. 550% increase in "refugees" and full amnesty in 100 days. That's open borders and there's no way to ignore that. Disaster!

See, just ad hominem. Respond to the facts I presented or just be quiet.

No, it's no an ad hominem. I presented a response by quoting Centrist above, and you just ignored it. You do not understand what "open borders" means or what Hillary is for. Go look at her campaign page, quote it if you find open borders, and get back to us.

Just throwing words and calling them facts doesn't work. Know what you're talking about or be quiet.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »

See, just ad hominem. Respond to the facts I presented or just be quiet.

No, it's no an ad hominem. I presented a response by quoting Centrist above, and you just ignored it. You do not understand what "open borders" means or what Hillary is for. Go look at her campaign page, quote it if you find open borders, and get back to us.

Just throwing words and calling them facts doesn't work. Know what you're talking about or be quiet.

Respond to the facts I presented. One more try:

1. Hillary wants 550% increase in "refugees"
2. Hillary wants to grant full amnesty in 100 days.

And this which isn't confirmed but is 99% likely:

3. She will continue Obama's catch and release and shipping of "refugees" in from Central America.

1. Hillary wants a 550% increase in the refugees being taken in from Syria, and not all refugees as your disingenuous statement tries to put forward. Also, 550% is used instead of 65,000 over 10,000 because it sounds more inflated. Percentages are relative.

2. Hillary vowed to push for "comprehensive immigration reform" within the first 100 days, which doesn't necessarily mean amnesty. But, EVEN IF IT DID, it wouldn't have to do with refugees, but rather those 11m that have been here contributing to the economy for a long time. Reagan did it; Bush did it. Not to mention a pathway to citizenship is not amnesty.

3. "And this which isn't confirmed." You literally say it's not a fact, but assert it as one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies