14 Memorial Day weekend Mass Shootings kill 156, injure 412 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:31:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  14 Memorial Day weekend Mass Shootings kill 156, injure 412 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 14 Memorial Day weekend Mass Shootings kill 156, injure 412  (Read 543 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: May 31, 2022, 11:59:27 AM »

Have a bit of a story from yesterday, I was on the metro (in Madrid) and overhearing a father and his pretty young boy across from me. I can’t say 100% this is exactly what they said (my Spanish is less than decent Tongue) but the boy heard about the Texas shooting and was super scared about it happening to him, but the father basically just said “Not in Spain, but in less safe countries like the US yes it would.”
Point? I don’t even know tbh, really just think we should be aware this is how the average person outside is perceiving us. It’s not a great look, and obviously we can’t have the same situation as Western Europe today (for a lot of reasons) but we can’t just ignore this. If the conservatives are so worried about mental health, good, let’s provide affordable and accesible mental health services instead of having therapy be a thing for the wealthy as if mental illness stops with an income bracket.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies