Canada - Saudi Arabia dispute ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:14:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada - Saudi Arabia dispute ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada - Saudi Arabia dispute ?  (Read 2080 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: August 10, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »

Good on Canada. Justin Truduea once again proves himself one of the greatest world leaders today, especially with such a poor slate of leaders.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:58:38 AM »

Good on Canada. Justin Truduea once again proves himself one of the greatest world leaders today, especially with such a poor slate of leaders.

Canada is still selling $12 billion in military materiel to the Saudis.  Smiley

I personally think the ethics of the sale is very complicated, but this is typical of the Trudeau Liberals (not that they asked for this over reaction from the Saudi Government) be big on symbolism and much less clear on actual substance.

I did say "especially with such a poor slate of leaders" Tongue Canada is, as of today, one of the only western nations bold enough to hurt the bloated egos of the Saudi leaders and make even a little stand against their terrible regime.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »

Sounds good to me!

When Trudeau eventually bows down and grovels to the king, begging for mercy, Jagmeet can run on this and do very well.

I'd support this, but I really hope he doesn't mean Iran by "elsewhere". If I was a Canadian I'd definitely want my PM to stand up for my country in the most forceful manner against this disrespect, though.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 07:54:35 AM »

Good on Canada. Let's hope they (and all the west) put the entire bunch - the KSA, Qatar, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt - out to pasture. Cancel their security and military deals, freeze their leaders' bank accounts and seize their London property etc.

Exactly what Saudi-owned London property do you suggest Canada seize? Unless you mean the KSA's vast holdings in the Highland Country Club and the Fanshawe College ghetto Tongue

I believe he was suggesting that the entire West does this, which would include Britain.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »

The silence from Canada's own allies on this issue is deafening..

Indeed. Quite insulting tbh, they're betraying their commitment by not standing by Canada, at least verbally.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies