Biden says peaceful protests are welcome, but violence is not
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:00:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden says peaceful protests are welcome, but violence is not
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden says peaceful protests are welcome, but violence is not  (Read 712 times)
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2024, 08:34:53 AM »

There should have been absolutely NO mention of "Islamophobia" because "Islamophobia" is not the problem here.  The Muslims involved in these protests are (for the most part) Jihadists; they are not normal Muslims who wouldn't even think of joining these clowns, but this isn't a "both sides" issue at time.  There is a time and place for discussion of Islamophobia, but this isn't that time or place

You're angry at Biden for disparaging bigotry. Let that sink in.

It's not the time to call out "Islamophobia".  The suffix "phobia" means "fear" and Jewish students, for no other reason than Palestinian hatred acting out, have real reason to fear the Islamic protesters in today's on-campus mods.  They are not the reasonable Muslims on our site; they are pro-Hamas.  Indeed, some have actually said that they ARE Hamas.  Lecturing on "Islamophobia" at this time is cruel to Jewish students on campus; their Palestinian Arab peers include Islamic Jihadists, and they have given the Jewish students real reason to fear them.

If a crowd of people, being appalled by what has gone on, were to converge on Dearborn, MI and engage in protests whose goal was simply to disrupt everyday life there, a lecture on Islamophobia would be appropriate.  Ditto if there were a campaign of vandalizing Mosques.  Muslims have the right to ingress and egress, to not be falsely imprisoned, to not be threatened that the Jewish students on campus today have.  But that's not happening here.  And while I believe that the Leftist narrative on Palestine is utter disinformation (that you perpetuate, by the way), a lecture on "islamophbia" would not be appropriate at this time even if your narrative were 100% true. 

Don't lecture me on bigotry when you are standing up for some of the most hateful bigots in the world.  That's an accurate phrase to describe the Palestinian Arab Nationalists that are driving the events at campus protests today.

From my own sources; most of the vitriol is being driven by white rich college educated kids. Even the Palestinians are getting turned off; and often harassed by the white rich kids.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2024, 06:18:39 AM »

There should have been absolutely NO mention of "Islamophobia" because "Islamophobia" is not the problem here.  The Muslims involved in these protests are (for the most part) Jihadists; they are not normal Muslims who wouldn't even think of joining these clowns, but this isn't a "both sides" issue at time.  There is a time and place for discussion of Islamophobia, but this isn't that time or place

You're angry at Biden for disparaging bigotry. Let that sink in.

It's not the time to call out "Islamophobia".  The suffix "phobia" means "fear" and Jewish students, for no other reason than Palestinian hatred acting out, have real reason to fear the Islamic protesters in today's on-campus mods.  They are not the reasonable Muslims on our site; they are pro-Hamas.  Indeed, some have actually said that they ARE Hamas.  Lecturing on "Islamophobia" at this time is cruel to Jewish students on campus; their Palestinian Arab peers include Islamic Jihadists, and they have given the Jewish students real reason to fear them.

If a crowd of people, being appalled by what has gone on, were to converge on Dearborn, MI and engage in protests whose goal was simply to disrupt everyday life there, a lecture on Islamophobia would be appropriate.  Ditto if there were a campaign of vandalizing Mosques.  Muslims have the right to ingress and egress, to not be falsely imprisoned, to not be threatened that the Jewish students on campus today have.  But that's not happening here.  And while I believe that the Leftist narrative on Palestine is utter disinformation (that you perpetuate, by the way), a lecture on "islamophbia" would not be appropriate at this time even if your narrative were 100% true. 

Don't lecture me on bigotry when you are standing up for some of the most hateful bigots in the world.  That's an accurate phrase to describe the Palestinian Arab Nationalists that are driving the events at campus protests today.

From my own sources; most of the vitriol is being driven by white rich college educated kids. Even the Palestinians are getting turned off; and often harassed by the white rich kids.

Show me Palestinian voices that are opposing these protests.  Show me Palestinian voices who are saying that these protests have gotten out of control and need to cease.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2024, 07:08:23 AM »

Show me Palestinian voices that are opposing these protests.

Let's be real for a minute, Fuzzy...

This is completely unrealistic and bordering on delusional. If there were oppressed evangelicals protesting for justice, and the protests went too far and got out of hand, there is absolutely ZERO percent chance that you and people would like you would oppose the protests. Sure, you very well may say things like "I support the protests but they're going to far and need to calm down", but to actually oppose the protests in principle? There's just no way. Come on, Fuzzy, let's keep it a buck here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2024, 07:23:26 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2024, 07:48:40 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

Show me Palestinian voices that are opposing these protests.

Let's be real for a minute, Fuzzy...

This is completely unrealistic and bordering on delusional. If there were oppressed evangelicals protesting for justice, and the protests went too far and got out of hand, there is absolutely ZERO percent chance that you and people would like you would oppose the protests. Sure, you very well may say things like "I support the protests but they're going to far and need to calm down", but to actually oppose the protests in principle? There's just no way. Come on, Fuzzy, let's keep it a buck here.

If Evangelicals were obstructing people from going from point A to point B, I would oppose them.  If Evangelicals beat up aborition activists, in a wave of protests, I would oppose them, and call for them to stand down and stop doing what they're doing.  God has commanded his people not to return Evil for Evil.  

"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

2 Chronicles, 7:13-14 give instructions for Christians on how to behave.  This is what it can look like.  It is a far cry from the behavior of the mobs on campus for whom you provide apologia.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies