Parental Consent on abortion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:32:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Parental Consent on abortion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should minors be required to have parental consent before having an abortion?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: Parental Consent on abortion  (Read 16925 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 23, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »

No.  If her parents were not abusive intolerants she would tell them on her own.  Whether she does so or not is not the State's business.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »

No.  If her parents were not abusive intolerants she would tell them on her own.  Whether she does so or not is not the State's business.

Obviously you were never a kid. 

It is perfectly harmless if no girls tell their parents.  My point is that most parents are judgemental tyrants, so it is wholely unsurprising that girls wouldn't want to expose themselves to abuse.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:01:58 PM »

Wow, far more YES support than I thought there'd be. Here in California, Prop 73 is has a good change of passing, but it'll be close.

According to the latest polling 73 should pass by around 10% or so.

I'm assuming that this proposition 73 is a theocratic measure aimed at harming young women.

If so, I think it is informative as to what the situation will be like after the Supreme Court overturns the right to privacy.  Those who think the Free States will be numerous are, I think, quite wrong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies