Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:05:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See below for restrictions
Camp 1

Camp 2

Camp 3

Camp 4

Camp 5

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 144

Author Topic: Which of these "covid view camps" do you fall into?  (Read 7875 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 22, 2022, 11:45:58 AM »

I was in 3, but now in 4. I’m actually sort of in 5 but think consumer welfare preemptions against local mandates or private business decisions goes to far.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 04:16:18 PM »

I find it interesting that only 8% of this forum actually supports options 1-2, but Republicans constantly act like that's what the entire Democratic Party supports.

The Biden administration is in camp 3, and most Democrats are split between camps 3/4 while most Republicans are split between camps 4/5.  We're really not that far apart according to the poll.

The problem is that camp 5 should actually be split between two camps -- camp 5 and camp 6, where camp 6 is camp 5 but you also believe the vaccine is a brain chip, COVID can be cured by drinking piss and eating horse dewormer, Dr. Fauci is an international supercriminal who should be executed, and Biden is the ringleader of a vast conspiracy to use COVID to create the New World Order.  About 30% of the Republican Party is in this camp, and Joe Rogan constantly brings them on his show to promote this viewpoint while he nods along in agreement.  There's not really any equivalent to this on the Democratic side.  And this is what's causing so much societal chaos.
I mean this forum is far more anti-lockdown than other parts of the internet. The majority of Twitter and Reddit feel like they're still in 2020 mode, for example.

That's right, although there is one reddit "community" or "forum", LockdownSkepticism, which is anti-restriction and anti-mandate. I can't remember who it was on here who first mentioned it (I think it was Bandit?), but I've been following that feed for well over a year now.

I think Camp 6 is a bigger problem than Camp 5. Camp 5 are those who probably aren't anti-vax and think its good that vaccination is encouraged, but isn't taking any precautions themselves and don't want any COVID-related Public Health measures whatsoever. By the end of the year, if not sooner, I will see myself into that camp. At a certain point, we either have the capacity for COVID or we don't and no amount of quarantine will fix it. There is definitely a difference between those who think "its just the flu" and those who think it's something rich people are doing to them to ruin their lives.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies