National Tract Project
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:40:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  National Tract Project
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: National Tract Project  (Read 1359 times)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2022, 08:26:00 PM »

Was thinking about doing Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties all in one group if that's cool

Yeah, that'd be great, thank you! Also add Monroe County into the mix if you can

I only asked for the first two originally to keep the population under 5M
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2022, 08:40:57 PM »

Was thinking about doing Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties all in one group if that's cool

Yeah, that'd be great, thank you! Also add Monroe County into the mix if you can

I only asked for the first two originally to keep the population under 5M

Monroe County FL I assume you mean?

That should be very easy given how low pop the County is.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2022, 08:07:36 AM »

These are great. Thanks for putting in all this work. I’m excited to see how central Indiana looks.

Overall here are a few interesting notes:

-I think there needs to be more discussion around Indianapolis's southern suburbs. They're quite vast and growing, however, seem a lot more akin to working class Macomb County suburbs rather than high education suburbs zooming left. They swung pretty hard right between 2012 and 2016 but then Biden got some pretty heavy swings in them. While Indiana is unlikely to become competative statewide, Dems doing better there could give them a few extra legistlative seats.

-Despite their collapse, Dems def still have some residual support in Southern Indiana rural areas which are noticeably less red than rurals a few counties north

-For not being a college town, Dems actually do pretty well in South Bend considering a lot of the suburbs have been blueified. On the flip side, Republicans net a lot of votes from Ft Wayne area, but it has been narrowing. Also the GOP does insanely well in Elkhart right next to South Bend. I wonder if there’s some political sorting between the communities.

-Indiana rural areas are very consistently dense throughout

The southern suburbs to me seem like less of a target to me than the western and northern ones. The western suburbs are better educated than the southern but still very Republican. The GOP still has a lot of room to fall in Hamilton County too. The one thing going for dems on the south side is the rapid increase in the Burmese population in Perry township. I don’t know if many of them vote yet but they will make up a larger and larger share of the electorate there. I think it’s interesting how short the reach of the blue areas in Tippecanoe county is. Most college towns have some adjacent rural democrat areas but for West Lafayette it doesn’t get past the city limits.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies