What is a moderate Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:20:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What is a moderate Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is a moderate Republican?  (Read 8991 times)
Cobbler
United States

« on: December 20, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »

I have noticed some people on here (particularly Democrats) campaigning against Republicans that are considered by the media to be moderate (Christie, Huntsman) saying that they are in fact not moderates, and then list off some things they did that left leaning individuals oppose (ie Christie challenging teachers unions, Huntsman cutting taxes). I personally disagree, because Christie and Huntsman support policies that are left leaning as well (climate change, gay marriage in the case of Huntsman, immigration reform, looser approach to marijuana). In the American political spectrum, they are right of center, which is why they have conservative positions on some issues and are Republicans as opposed to Democrats. But I'd put them as center-right rather than right (of which I am talking about Generic conservative Republican, not Tea Party conservatives).

So I was wondering, what is it that makes a Republican a moderate in your eyes? I'm particularly interested in what Democratic leaning posters on here would use.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies