WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:47:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo: FBI uncovered tens of thousands more emails that Clinton didn't disclose  (Read 2126 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 22, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »

I wonder how many people actually care about this issue, as opposed to those who "care" only for the political benefits may or may not provide.

I'm guessing somewhere between 0 and 12.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »

So if nobody cares, how come nobody trusts Hillary?

No, the faux scandal did its job. The point is there's nothing more it can do. If ~550 days of email spam didn't move your vote, why would a few more days make a difference?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »

No, the faux scandal did its job. The point is there's nothing more it can do. If ~550 days of email spam didn't move your vote, why would a few more days make a difference?

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.

LOL, trust me, nobody needed to be "reminded" of the emails. The media has ensured you can't escape hearing about them daily in some form or fashion, unless you live under a rock.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:06 PM »

Because it reminds people of the aspects of the candidate that they are most concerned about, and gives voters a general feeling of discomfort and negativity.  Voters don't make decisions using hard-edged, concrete-sequential rationality much.

LOL, trust me, nobody needed to be "reminded" of the emails. The media has ensured you can't escape hearing about them daily in some form or fashion, unless you live under a rock.

Actually, yes, most people don't consume politics so regularly that something like Clinton's emails are always on the top of their mind, even when thinking about the election.  There's research that shows invoking known, negative traits about someone -- even in a vague or unsubstantiated way -- reframes how people think about them and tends to result in more negative perceptions.  Why do you think political advertising works the way it does?

Well, if we're referring to people who inconsistently consume media, then there's no guarantee they'll be paying any attention to this story either. So my point stands.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »

I love how the usual suspects cannot actually defend Hillary Clinton, so instead they basically are just calling the average voter and hoping and praying that they won't care. This is a serious public image issue for her. The email albatross is as bad for her as Trump's comments on the Khan family are for him.

If it makes you feel any better, my "nobody will care" response is the same response I give to 90% of the things that this forum and the media thinks are "game changers."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies