VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 06:23:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 22524 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 24, 2019, 08:55:58 AM »

The VA Dems need to declare war on Fairfax and play super hard ball. Like "blacklisting" anyone who accepts a job with his campaign or promising to back primary challengers against state legislators who endorse him. Make it clear if anyone supports that vile, sick f[inks]ing piece of sh!t in any way, shape or form, they are now an "unperson" who'll have no political future.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 12:32:46 PM »

The VA Dems need to declare war on Fairfax and play super hard ball. Like "blacklisting" anyone who accepts a job with his campaign or promising to back primary challengers against state legislators who endorse him. Make it clear if anyone supports that vile, sick f[inks]ing piece of sh!t in any way, shape or form, they are now an "unperson" who'll have no political future.

Has Joe Biden retracted this?

Quote from: Joe Biden
“There is no place for racism in America. Governor Northam has lost all moral authority and should resign immediately, Justin Fairfax is the leader Virginia needs now.”

Has Biden retracted this statement in support of Fairfax?  Or does he "need" Fairfax's support to get him through the primary season so badly that he'll wait until after November, 2020 to throw Fairfax to the wolves?
That was obviously made before the revelations that Fairfax is a serial rapist. Now that Northam is obviously not resigning it's no longer an issue.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 12:58:32 PM »

This far out, I see this coming down to McAuliffe (money, institutional backing) and Carroll-Foy (next generation, grassroots support) with Carroll-Foy having the edge due to gender, racial, and geographic advantages.
I agree except I'd give the edge to McAuliffe just due to his near universal name recognition and popularity amongst Democrats.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »

It also shows the public's short memory on this stuff. Although the VA Dems refusal to remove Fairfax is a blight on them.

Seriously go ahead and re-read the accusations against Fairfax. It's f[inks]ing VILE stuff, he actually taunted his victims after the fact and mocked them claiming if they deported it he'd be able to get it so that no one believed them. Guy is almost certainly an extreme sociopath.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »

That was obviously made before the revelations that Fairfax is a serial rapist.

Poor choice of words. Casually throwing around the words "Serial rapist" is actually making the Republican's slander work easier for them.

You may not like to hear it, but there's a wide range of behaviours between "bad dates" and "tracking down women at night". Calling Justin Fairfax a serial rapist erases it, and absolves Trump's abusive lecherous groping in comparison.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 12:00:56 PM »

Yeah, the gubernatorial 1-term limit is actually pretty great for bench-building.

Off-year elections, on the other hand, need to go the way of LA.
? Louisiana still has off year elections...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies