"Sick Privilege (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:04:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Sick Privilege (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Sick Privilege  (Read 7333 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 24, 2015, 09:47:50 PM »

No. Even if it makes no logical sense, they still may have religious reasons for it, and confiscating the kids because of that would interfere with Freedom of Religion. I understand a government that isn't all-powerful is a foreign concept to this forum, but people still have their rights. Children aren't the property of muh guvment, and this very idea that they can force parents to put something in their kid's bodies is sickening.

"VACCINES INFRINGE ON MY AND OTHERS FREEDOM OF RELIGION BUT EVEN THOUGH I WOULDN'T DO THIS TO MY KIDS THESE PARENTS HAVE A RIGHT TO LET THEIR KIDS GET THE MUMPS/MEASLES/POLIO."

Context of next thing:

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »

Oh come on Snowstalker, this is dumb even by your standards.

honestly i agree with him in this case. refusing to vaccinate your children definitely falls under the umbrella of child abuse.

Look, I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, but it's not like every child who doesn't get vaccinated is going to catch smallpox and die. As long as it's only 2-5% of the population that asks for exemption, it's really a non-issue and certainly doesn't warrants this hyperbolic language.

The problem with that statement: Let's say Jenny McCarthy moves into a town, she gets measles and luckily for this town, everybody is immune thanks to legal vaccinations, except for one person. Let's say her name is Ashley. Now Ashley relies on community immunity (everybody else is immune from the disease so she cannot get it) because she's allergic to the vaccine. Well at the "Stirring the Pot" book signing, Ashley comes into contact with Jenny, and she is infected with measles, and eventually dies.

The only reason Ashley was able to stay healthy was because all people were immune, until Jenny McCarthy came with her autism psuedoscience and led to her death.

How does this affect parents? Well their children must be vaccinated in order for them to stay healthy, for others to stay healthy, and it's completely irresponsible for these parents to recklessly hurt their children just for "religious purposes" or whatever. Unless a child is allergic to a vaccination, every child needs to be vaccinated (not just 95%) in order to protect everyone from these infectious diseases.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies