***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:04:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11641 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 06, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »
« edited: October 06, 2013, 10:33:44 AM by DemPGH, V.P. »

Hi, Labor.

There's a lot I want to say, but I'll try to keep it manageable in length. To preface, I am running, dammit, be it competitive or not, and you know I will be active.

First, I left your ranks so I could run a no-pressure Indie campaign, but since then the landscape has changed a bit. When this whole thing started I was about 5th or 6th in line, and now I find myself 2nd in line as it currently stands - together Labor and I can win this. I had no idea any of this would happen, and neither did anyone else. So, I am here, and I share the vast majority of your principles. On policy I've been most lukewarm to regional consolidation, but I signed onto the pledge because I think we need to talk about the subject, I think we need to get it right if we do it, and I suggested earlier that we send the Senate something tangible that they can work with. The pledge seeks to achieve all of that, and I will assist with regional consolidation wholeheartedly if I feel it's being done right and we do not have an overwhelming number of people complaining.

I'm sorry Bacon King had to withdraw. He's terrific competition, and it's too bad. I do respect his tenacity and intelligence highly.

I promise you, however, that I will more than meet you half way, and I will work with anyone constructive. At least wait to hear out me and SirNick when we release our Labor plank this week! Yes, I do really want you to consider me. Let me know anything possible that I can do!

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »

I want to thank the President for his support and to say that one of the great pleasures of the game thus far has been campaigning and working with him. I think we have made a great tandem; similarly, the same responsiveness and passion for the game is there between Nick and myself. We would make superb, responsible representatives of Labor.

I am strongly considering a return to the Labor Party because simply put, you should have a formidable, serious contender in this race. A few Laborites have asked me if I would be interested in returning; frankly, I would – because it is my closest philosophical home, although I enjoy positive relationships with people in other parties (like the Pro Union), and I can work well with them.

If you are considering a Federalist, you may as well consider me. I left your party to become an Independent for no other reason than to give myself a chance to run. At that time the race consisted of Spamage, Bacon King, and me. Since then the landscape has changed significantly with further changes in the wind. I have supported progressive causes, and I will support regional consolidation that carries broad support. So I implore you to not get lost in this thing and allow me to be your representative in the Presidential race!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »

Snowstalker, I never called you a hyperbolic kid, man! I'm just looking at polling.

Folks, this party at this juncture needs a uniter - someone who will represent 1) progressive interests, 2) be constructive, and 3) work well with the other centrist and left-leaning parties. I'll bring that to you instantly.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

Snowstalker, I never called you a hyperbolic kid, man! I'm just looking at polling.

Folks, this party at this juncture needs a uniter - someone who will represent 1) progressive interests, 2) be constructive, and 3) work well with the other centrist and left-leaning parties. I'll bring that to you instantly.

I agree with all those points, Mr. Vice-President, hence my support for Duke. Wink

Oh? Can you point me to his current platform?

I'm not seeking a coronation. . . only a chance.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:25 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2013, 02:30:14 PM by DemPGH, V.P. »

Kitteh's statements are of course beyond ridiculous (Kitteh, of course, campaigned on putting cat pictures in the Wiki, and was endorsed by Oakvale). I want to see this party thrive and be constructive, not go down the path those two have put before you, and so I am here to obtain your nomination for President. Keep an eye on my campaign thread, as we have a little more to go.

Choose Dr. Cynic or Snowstalker if you don't want me.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »

I would like to address the convention.

This party has been a live, constructive fortress for progressivism, and I want to help it remain that way. Look, I've heard from a few of you - friend and foe alike - and I've been pleasantly surprised by what you have had to say to me. Here's what I want to say: Let's just work together. Every day is a new day, and if you give me a chance I'll give you a chance. If you work with me, I'll work with you. It must be that way.

On issues, I'll support regional consolidation (4 or 3 regions) that has broad support and which does not leave an overwhelming number of people complaining.

Civil Rights: In short, choice is power! A woman’s right to choose, the rights of homosexuals to enjoy the same benefits as heterosexuals, racial equality, the right to recreate with legal substances on one’s own: I will allow none of these to be undermined.

Labor: Unions built the middle class, and the possibility of a union maintains the middle class. In all things the economy must benefit and work for the little guy more so than the elite. A surplus and a strong corporate balance sheet are of little tangible benefit if the workers do not feel either one.

So now let's go!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies