Capital Freedom Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:13:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Capital Freedom Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Capital Freedom Act (Debating)  (Read 5296 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 11, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »

This bill serves to address the overreach of the recent socialization of the economy. Busisness have the right to make as much of a profit as possible. Even the oil industry. Proprietiers have the right to any measure to counter strikes so long as the physical life of the strikers are not harmed. This means replacing strikers.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »

Why do you want the government to subsidize oil pipelines? Huh

I don't. I proposed an amendment in the oil bill to sell all federally held and funded pipelines at fair market value. Thus privatizing . In this bill they do the inverse and subsidize alternative energies.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »

No let's not table this, let's vote this down 9-1, otherwise he just keeps going on whining to reintroduce this fifty-thousand times, and no one of us has the nerve to go through all this whining again, I'd assume.
JCL, what do you think when introducing bills like that? You seem clever enough to know this is never going to pass...

It'll be closer in vote than you think.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:53:27 PM »

Nay

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:51:43 PM »

This bill is not going to pass so long as I am in the Senate. I will motion to table it, I will oppose every single amendment proposed to it, and I will make sure that it either gets voted down or vetoed. This is an attack on all working people and should be recognized as such and dealt with as such.

An attack on workers you say? Nationalization and heavy union power is the attack on workers,
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »

Ugh, this. Guys, it's as good as vetoed, I promise.

But as long as this passive-aggressive obstinate behavior is the order of the day, I don't object to motions to table stuff. Go ahead.

What are your honest problems with this bill? Bringing back Taft-Hartley is a just thing. Prove to me that it isn't.!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »

Ugh, this. Guys, it's as good as vetoed, I promise.

But as long as this passive-aggressive obstinate behavior is the order of the day, I don't object to motions to table stuff. Go ahead.

What are your honest problems with this bill? Bringing back Taft-Hartley is a just thing. Prove to me that it isn't.!

Taft-Hartley was vetoed wisely by Truman and your repeals are just transparent attempts to roll back rights that workers enjoy. Your statements on unions are either ignorant or untruthful. I've been in a white collar union for years and would not give it up. I really don't know who would.

This doesn't answer my question President. The House and Senate together wisely overrode that veto. 
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »

What would that do?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »

While still keeping other aspects in place? The original idea was to scrap the whole Labor Rights Act of 2012.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »

I don't know why either of you are bothering. This won't pass and if it does, it's going to get vetoed. Why continue this charade?

This isn't a charade. I'm gonna ask you this.  Why should our labor policies universally be unbalanced so much in favor of the big labor unions and that management has no power for recourse? As I've said in the past, I'm a great-grandson of a steel union leader. I believe in some of what the unions have done towards the rights of the individual worker. However when big union, big labor, and government collude together, how can management hope to have due recourse to petition their grievances? Shouldn't an individual also be able to advocate on their own for a mutually beneficial contract. The current Atlasian arrangement is totally out of balance with regards to labor issues. As you know I'm more in favor of the Austrian Free Market view. The intent of this bill is to correct recent government overreach into economic matters. I know you and the president disagree but to dismiss the merits of my proposal without cause is unwise.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 01:20:44 PM »

Management should not exist. The only management we need in this country is workers' self-management.

Spoken like someone who hates capitalism.
I don't know why either of you are bothering. This won't pass and if it does, it's going to get vetoed. Why continue this charade?

This isn't a charade. I'm gonna ask you this.  Why should our labor policies universally be unbalanced so much in favor of the big labor unions and that management has no power for recourse? As I've said in the past, I'm a great-grandson of a steel union leader. I believe in some of what the unions have done towards the rights of the individual worker. However when big union, big labor, and government collude together, how can management hope to have due recourse to petition their grievances? Shouldn't an individual also be able to advocate on their own for a mutually beneficial contract. The current Atlasian arrangement is totally out of balance with regards to labor issues. As you know I'm more in favor of the Austrian Free Market view. The intent of this bill is to correct recent government overreach into economic matters. I know you and the president disagree but to dismiss the merits of my proposal without cause is unwise.

I think you've missed TNF's point. I could be (and am) totally convinced that atlasia would be better if we had an NHS, but I know that it wouldn't pass, so I'm not going to introduce it. You should do the same for your own views that simply won't pass the senate. Especially as you are completely unwilling to compromise.

My bill is a compromise. As for Senator Yankees amendment I view it as friendly. Some of you didn't see my efforts to propose a compromise in the Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement law recently passed. That is because of the elements within our government to nationalize the energy sector. They refused to compromise while I was actually trying to gain the government revenue while utilizing the market in the process.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »

...I do hate capitalism. I want to see it destroyed.

What is your problem with it?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »

Aye

Card Check is a bullying tactic of unions and as such it must be put on the ash heap. The old way works and should be restored.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »

AyeNay

Card Check is not a bullying tactic of unions and as such it must not be put on the ash heap. The old way works for the bosses and should not be restored to weaken unions.

Fixed that for you

Mine is just fine and doesn't need fixed.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »

Aha, this might be my first vote, in a moment.

This is regarding the amendment. Not the final vote right Lumine?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »

After consideration, NAY. I oppose JCL's amendment, mostly on the grounds TNF outlined.

TNF's grounds for opposition aren't worth it. I'm asking you to change to aye. Card Check must die.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »

After consideration, NAY. I oppose JCL's amendment, mostly on the grounds TNF outlined.
How will allowing union authorization methods other than card check weaken Atlasian labor? What makes card check a universally optimal authorization process?

This amendment wouldn't ban card check, it would simply allow other methods to be used.

That's not my reading of the amendment, at all.

All Section 2 does is enforce Card Checks as equivalent to a vote; additional methods are only prohibited if a majority already exists.

Then we have a difference of interpretation of section 2.

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 02:02:03 PM »

I'm ready for a final vote.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »

Aye
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »

You are aware this was me being civil and tame.  The Detroit Plan is coming and just dread the gems in it.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 12:09:23 AM »

You are aware this was me being civil and tame.  The Detroit Plan is coming and just dread the gems in it.

If your civil and tame plan can't pass why do you think an even more radical one would?

It wouldn't. It would probably be tabled again.

It failed because the merits of my bill were not fairly discussed and looked at with an open mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies