For those of you who believe TX will stay a Republican state in the long term, why? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:41:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  For those of you who believe TX will stay a Republican state in the long term, why? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For those of you who believe TX will stay a Republican state in the long term, why?  (Read 1687 times)
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« on: March 26, 2024, 02:15:53 PM »

My answer to OP's question is quite simple. If suburban shifts were to continue to the point of TX becoming Dem-leaning, that would also mean Arizona and Georgia being more solidly Dem-leaning, which would mean the GOP having no possible coalition to coming even close to victory presidentially. Which would mean some sort of shift in voter coalitions would have to occur- and it is very difficult to envisage any such coalition which would involve Texas being to the left of the US as a whole.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 05:26:59 PM »

These things aren’t always 100% correlated and Rs can still make up ground elsewhere

But where, is the question? I can't think of any remotely viable electoral map which would involve Republicans winning sans Texas.
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 08:06:59 AM »

These things aren’t always 100% correlated and Rs can still make up ground elsewhere

But where, is the question? I can't think of any remotely viable electoral map which would involve Republicans winning sans Texas.

For TX to become a swing stage, it doesn’t mean GOP has to have a realistic electoral path without TX. We saw something simillar with Florida during the Obama years - FL was a genuine swing state Presidentially and was basically a must-win for Republicans

I think it's conceivable that TX becomes a swing state that's only slightly Republican-leaning, but I don't think it'll ever actually end up to the left of the nation as a whole in the foreseeable future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies