PA 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:15:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 4  (Read 1165 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

This is going to be an interesting district in 2008 so I might as well start this up.

It seems like this Ron Francis guy is very serious about running - http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_493610.html. Another name mentioned is State Representative Mike Turzai. He lost to Klink in 1998. Swann won't put the rumors to rest about his potential candidacy but I am sure he won't run.

None of these three really matter though since Hart is running. Francis is just wasting his time. If, for whatever reason, Hart changes her mind, look for Turzai to inch closer to a run and make it an interesting race.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »

I think whoever wrote that article needs some grammar lessons.  He kept calling the Democratic majority the "Democrat majority" and called a State Senator the "Democrat State Senator".  Do you hear anybody calling the Republican party the "Republic party" because thats what they are going to start calling it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »

I think whoever wrote that article needs some grammar lessons.  He kept calling the Democratic majority the "Democrat majority" and called a State Senator the "Democrat State Senator".  Do you hear anybody calling the Republican party the "Republic party" because thats what they are going to start calling it.

I have heard plenty of people call them the "Democrat" party but it's for a specific reason - they don't want them being called Democratic. I'm being serious, too. People do that on purpose.
Deano963

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 09:31:26 PM »

Yeh, I noticed that too, and whoever did it, it was no accident. Obviously some right-wing hack job had a hand in writing it, if not the whole article. It's a deliberate slur used by Republicans, most recently by Bush during the SOTU speech when he referred to the new "Democrat Majority".
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 09:31:51 PM »

I have heard plenty of people call them the "Democrat" party but it's for a specific reason - they don't want them being called Democratic. I'm being serious, too. People do that on purpose.

Yeah, that was my point.  It gets annoying. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

Yeah, that was my point.  It gets annoying. 

Yes, it is stupid.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

Guys, don't get your panties in a bunch...while the terms Democrat and Democratic are acceptable to use as adjectives for that party...only the term Republican has been accepted as an adjective for the other party. And given how popular the word Republican is right now, I sometimes wish we had a second adjective. (GOP doesnt always carry with it the greatest connotation either)

Certainly you can bitch about the connotations of the word Democrat vs. Democratic...but I suspect a Pittsburgh paper and/or editorial board wouldn't use Democrat if it was perceived to only have negative connotations.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »

[snark]
Members of the Republic party should learn proper grammar.
[/snark]
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »

[snark]
[/snark]

You deserve to be stabbed by a spoon. You're so goddamn snarky jfern.

cut it out.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »

Guys, don't get your panties in a bunch...while the terms Democrat and Democratic are acceptable to use as adjectives for that party...only the term Republican has been accepted as an adjective for the other party. And given how popular the word Republican is right now, I sometimes wish we had a second adjective. (GOP doesnt always carry with it the greatest connotation either)

Certainly you can bitch about the connotations of the word Democrat vs. Democratic...but I suspect a Pittsburgh paper and/or editorial board wouldn't use Democrat if it was perceived to only have negative connotations.

The word "Democrat" means one member of the Democratic party.  The word "Democratic" means the name of that party.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 09:40:57 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=51284.msg1091299#msg1091299

Wink
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 09:41:38 PM »

[snark]
[/snark]

Did you see Congressman Anthony Weiner attacking the "Republic" Party? Hilarious! He's a great speaker, too.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 10:03:42 PM »

[snark]
[/snark]

Did you see Congressman Anthony Weiner attacking the "Republic" Party? Hilarious! He's a great speaker, too.

At least somebody is giving them a taste of their own medicine.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies