Gun Control Roll Call (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:22:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Gun Control Roll Call (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Control Roll Call  (Read 7890 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:32 AM »
« edited: September 23, 2005, 03:30:42 PM by Frodo »

I strongly support the Second Amendment, and believe that it applies both in the individual as well as collective context -in other words, the Second Amendment protects the right not just of collective entities like the military, the police, and the National Guard to bear arms, but also the individual citizen.  The word 'militia', as I understand it, is meant to encompass not just the National Guard but also the individual citizens who compose its membership.  The Second Amendment empowers the citizenry to guard against the likelihood (remote though it may be) that the federal government turns into a tyrannical instrument bent on taking away their freedom and liberty. 

Accordingly, I oppose virtually all forms of gun control, since such laws work to disempower mainly the law-abiding while the criminals naturally skirt them to the detriment of the former.  I oppose frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.  I favor laws that allow law-abiding citizens to conceal and carry firearms, as well as laws that deny felons and violent criminals the right to bear firearms, as well as imposing tougher penalties in the event a firearm is used in the commission of a crime.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »

I strongly oppose all gun control.  I support 2nd Amendment rights.

I oppose mandatory trigger locks and "assault weapon" bans; I support Vermont-style laws when it comes to concealed carry.

I oppose frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree completely. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies