Ron Paul's path to victory in 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:26:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's path to victory in 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul's path to victory in 2012  (Read 4317 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« on: March 11, 2011, 12:15:14 AM »

If Paul were to win the primary he would need to focus more on the less government angle and less on the noninterventionist angle.  He always makes a point to talk about getting out of foreign entanglements in speeches, etc.  While I favor that view, harping on it isn't going to curry favor with people he needs to win the nod.  I think a good way to do this would be to promise unconditional Israel support while he can still talk about getting us out of the other foreign entanglements.   

Priority one, however, is Obamacare.  Our candidate will need to know the bill inside and out to be able to beat the heck out of Obama in the debates.  They can't be rattling off the same talking points - quote the lines and the sections in front of his face and make him defend it.  Paul is not a talking point guy and that makes him more attractive in terms of candidate selection. 

Heres what he stresses in order of primary salience:

Obamacare
Jobs
Federal Debt and Deficit
Social Issues - he is a social conservative, lest hard libertarians forget - he can weave this into talking about cutting federal programs
Gas Prices
Foreign Policy

Another potential problem he could have is his association with Alex Jones.  I'm not dissing this personally, but the 9/11 truther thing and other conspiracies (many which I believe do exist) could hurt him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies