To the white straight male Christian bourgeoisie.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:05:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  To the white straight male Christian bourgeoisie.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To the white straight male Christian bourgeoisie....  (Read 9357 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: April 08, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »

What laws, and especially culture, are geared to be against white males? Except for affirmative action I can't think of anything. I really hope you don't mean anti-discrimination laws.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2012, 06:58:17 PM by Senator Sbane »

OK...laws and culture

Many of you mentioned affirmative action- this is clear. It may have been needed at first but is well past that time. I'll give you a few others- the way most divorces are handled that the wife cleans up house...child custody laws where the mother is nearly always prefered...rape cases where the female involved is often dishonest but the man gets trial by media

Culture- the type of cases that make headlines. Take Trayvon Martin and Eve Carson- a student at the University of North Carolina murdered by two young black men...both cases are tragedies but there is a clear difference in how they were reported- the Trayvon case is a put up as a national tragedy and a race issue with the President calling Trayvon's parnts...the Eve Carson murder was not given the same reatment as a tragedy and was covered as a random act of violence and quickly forgotten

Culture has been movin in this direction for a long time... the Ten Commandments being displayed is a national outrage but any mention of needing to ban Sharia Law is treated as "bigoted" and "crazy"... Sotomayor can talka bout how the court needs a "wise Latina woman" but if I got nominated tomorrow and I said "we need a wise white man on the court" I would get called a bigot and pullled...

My problem is not with people being proud or in touch with their culture... blacks, Jews, gays, and others have suffered enormously and have come to be largely accepted and successful...but let's face it- at the risk of sounding like a douchebag to you folks- white men built the world we know. Charlemagne (an ancestor of mine) to the British monarchs to the settlers and conquistadors to our Foudning Fathers... folks like me did it. They did some bad things along the way- treatment of Native Americans and other native peoples is certainly one- but it seems the focus of our culture nowadays is on the bad they did and not the good...and the fact that I have to preface talking about the good by "at risk of sounding like a douchebag" shows my point

I will respond to a few of these. Regarding the comparison between the Trayvon Martin case and Eve Carson case, the difference is that there was never any doubt that she was murdered and her murderers were apprehended and prosecuted. Trayvon's murderer is sitting at home right now, not in a jail. Surely you can see why the media coverage might be different.

Again there is a difference between putting the ten commandments in front of a government building and just straight up outlawing sharia law. No one was trying to put a stone with sharia law written on it in front of a court. If the ten commandments were being banned like sharia law has been in one state, you would have a legitimate complaint. Indeed, thanks for bringing this up since it shows how CHRISTIANS are being put on a pedestal in America. Ideally every religion should be equal, no?

White men did build the world that we know, but that doesn't mean they were the only ones capable of it. Do you think that, Clarence? Do you think there is something inherent within whites that made them capable of this and could not have been accomplished by any other race? Whites conquered the world with guns....not something I am willing to give a lot of accolades for. The scientific method is something that you do need to give credit to westerners for though. Especially the way someone was able to build on someone else's work to discover something new or unique. Similar ways of thinking were used in other cultures for various discoveries, but nothing as systematic as the scientific method was ever produced. Still, even that produced it's share of horrible inventions, like the atomic bombs or bigger and better guns, as well as good inventions like vaccines and new medicines and medical procedures. Also one must mention that for most of history, non-whites were excluded from even participating in this. These days everyone has a better chance and many immigrants from all around the world are involved in researching the newest drugs or inventions. That is better than the past, no?

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »

Still, even that produced it's share of horrible inventions, like the atomic bombs or bigger and better guns,
The atomic bomb saved hundreds of thousands of lives at the end of WWII, and arguably kept the West and the USSR from fighting, possibly saving millions and millions more.  And thank your god WE were the ones to discover it first heh?  And starvation kills a LOT more people than guns do yet we have plenty of food on this planet.  sh**tty governments are much MUCH worse than any gun.  "better" or not.

My post was not an anti-gun rant, rather how that tool was used to keep certain people in check so that white people could control the world (and thus now Clarence can say "oh we built the world and no one gives us credit Sad "). This was certainly the case until the end of the colonial age, with vestiges of it continuing today like in say, Israel. So yeah about guns, there is no need to point out that famine and starvation causes more deaths than guns. My point is that in the past, the gun was used to cause starvation by governments! (and still is) Look up the Bengal famine of 1943, when the all powerful British would not send food to India because that class A douchebag, Winston Churchill, wondered "why Gandhi hadn't died" if food was so scarce. Going even further back in history, if cotton production was so high in India (forcefully produced by the British in lieu of food) why weren't any of the factories in India? Sure, there were a few in Bombay and Calcutta, but why the hell was Manchester such a center for textile production, hmm? And even if the industrial revolution started there, why didn't the benevolent British start more factories in India afterwards? Surely shipping costs would have been lower. And do I even need to start talking about the Opium trade?

As for nuclear weapons, yeah it needed to be developed and the fact that America developed it is probably better than Hitler or the Japanese developing it. I was just pointing out that science also led to horrible inventions like the atom bomb. You cannot deny that, even if it was sort of inevitable. Still, Science has led to more good in this world than bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies