Opinion of the previous poster's very first post on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:03:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the previous poster's very first post on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of the previous poster's very first post on Atlas  (Read 1630 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 15, 2018, 11:29:19 PM »

Decent opening into topic regarding Wyoming 'Pub '16 PRES caucus results vs PRES GE '16 Results...

Hi, I just wanted to know how Wyoming could be Trump's best state (68.2%).
It was his worst caucus state by far (6.8%), even behind "uncommitted".

Good opening Intro no questions at all for a First Atlas Post.

EDIT: THIS WAS NOT A SANCHEZ FIRST POST... HIT THE TRIGGER BEFORE HE SNIPED ME!!!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »

Eh, OR-02 looking at a map ended up going for Obama. I can see where you came from in that analysis, though.

*** SKIP ***

To be Fair (TBF), as an Individual who was not of voting age when Jesse Jackson was running against Dukakis in '88, there were massive "Super Rallies" that I attended as a Teenager in Football Stadiums in the major College Towns of Oregon, as well as Factory Cities and Timber Communities across Oregon, I could not perceive a scenario where Obama might we able to defeat HRC in OR CD-02 in the DEM primaries, despite margins in Ashland, Bend, Hood River, and other Democratic strongholds within the District.

Obama won heavily against HRC in '08 in the DEM Primary, even within those Communities in which she was expected to exceed, including OR CD-02....

Although my analysis might have been slightly off from actual results, I suspect that this is partially because I overestimated HRC support in the Cities of Medford, Redmond, as well as in the "Grain Belt" of the Columbia River Valley, etc....

Still, any way you look at it, it's pretty crazy that an overwhelmingly White Population, with only a relatively small numbers of Minority Voters, supported a Black Man for President representing the Democratic Party for the highest office in the land....

Jesse Jackson bagged ~ 43% of the Democratic Party Votes for President in '88 in Oregon, where quite frankly in order to get to a Black Majority population one would have to head up into precincts in the Albina District of Portland...

https://blackpast.org/aaw/albina-portland-1870

Maybe flip over into the Dock Districts of North Portland, where historical communities have been destroyed at the hands of Gentrification and Capitalism, destroying historic Black Communities that were created to provide housing to Defense and Port Workers, as part of an Existential War against Japanese Imperialism....

Anyways... getting a bit OT here (Old Man speaking), but reality is that 1988 Jesse Jackson most likely had his best performance among "White Voters" of any State in the US in a Democratic Primary...

Sure, it's the end of the line.... trot trot... end of the race, down to a two person showdown.... huff-puff... race... one foot over another.

Oregon May Primaries, latest in the Country... used to be historical back in the days....

Once Again, a Black Man running for President of the United States as a Democratic Candidate, performed better in Oregon than just about any other state in the Union...

I did not expect these results from the '08 DEM Primary, but in retrospect, it is not surprising....

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 09:32:29 PM »

Unimpressive....

Starts a thread on 10/10/14:

2016: Cuomo vs Paul

Statement beneath: "Who wins and which Map"

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203986.msg4410725#msg4410725

Pages: [1]  
Jump to: