. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:22:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .  (Read 3017 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 30, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »

As slow as Obama has been in making decisions about Ukraine and ISIS, it makes me shudder at how Bush, McCain or Romney would have dealt with it.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

I know it's easy to say Beet is a pessimist (he clearly is), but he also didn't say anything incorrect in his OP. I guess jokes and insults are easier than making excuses, hand waving or spinning.

That's because Beet isn't making falsifiable claims. What does he mean when he says that Obama is "totally paralyzed" in the Middle East? In what sense are China-America relations "at their lowest point since 1972"? How has Obama "more or less" agreed to tolerate continued Russian revanchism? The single factual assertion, that Obama has "never said a word" about ebola, is easily disproved.

Right down to the frivolous punch line ("Where is Obama? Golfing."), Beet's soliloquy mimics the form and style of a Reaganfan essay. (The chief difference is that Beet is not borderline illiterate.) His focus is rhetoric, not substance, so it should surprise no one that most responses address the former.

I think the main question in all of this and what I was trying to get at is that complaining without a plan that is devised through actively planning is called whining. As chauvinistic, condescending and offensive as the Avenged Sevenfold song "Critical Acclaim" was, its the reason why Kerry lost in 2004 and Romney lost in 2012.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

I will agree, however, that Obama's decision to wear a poorly tailored khaki suit was a HUGE mistake.
and I think it could be a new thing. I will admit that it does look strange at first glance, but the new look is definitely not without its charm. It would be interesting to see future presidents and senior pols pull it off.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies